27. Grammy

"I never did that"

I yelled when my dad tried to say I dressed up in my moms dresses and jewelry and danced around the house.

"Oh please you did that in my dresses too" My Grammy said with a laugh.

I felt my face heat up as Claire laughed beside me.

We had been at my Grammys house for three and a half hours and they've managed to talk about everything embarrassing that I did when I was little.

"When Delaney gets older you can tell her everything she did when she was little so hush up" My Grammy said.

I nodded in response since I most likely will embarrass her so no boy will date her.

"Daddy I want this" Dill spoke up so I looked at her and she was pointing at a goldfish in my Grammys fish tank.

"Baby that's Grammys fish"

"Can I have it?" She asked and I chuckled.

"No baby we don't need a fish"

She pouted before going back to looking at the fish.

"She's got a little attitude" My Grammy said with a smirk.

"I swear she's had it since she was a little baby. She always gave everyone the evil eye"I said laughing.

"Better get that under control before she's a teenager, don't want her to be a rebel like you"

My mouth dropped open.

"I was not a rebel" I said, trying to defend myself.

"Really? So sneaking out at midnight and coming back at six in the morning drunk or high isn't a rebel?" My dad said with a cocked eyebrow.

"I was being a teenager" I shot back.

"Being a teenager is not the reason. You were just going against everything we ever said to you" My mom said.

I just rolled my eyes at that.

"Anyways, Claire what do you do?" My Grammy asked obviously trying to ease the tension.

"I'm a dance teacher" She answered proudly.

"Oh is that fun?" She asked.

"Yeah for the most part. Sometimes I wished I worked somewhere else since my mom owns the studio"

"Oh really, that's nice. Do you have any siblings?" My Grammy asked.

"Yes, I have a twin brother named Colby" My Grammy grinned at her answer.

"I always wanted twins" My Grammy said and Claire laughed.

"My mom loves us now but she hated having twins since we both acted the same because we're the same age. She said she just wanted to lock us in a room to get out all our terrible twos out" Claire said with a laugh.

I looked over at my mom and she looked irritated since she was still not a huge fan of Claire's mom.

"So are you okay with Braydon having a four year old?" My Grammy asked.

"Oh yeah, we actually met because of Delaney"

She looked confused.

"What do you mean?" My Grammy asked.

"I'm Delaney's dance teacher and we kind of bonded over her breaking her arm"

"Oh how'd Delaney break her arm?" My Grammy directed that question at me.