Chapter 40: Consequences

An hour later

My stomach began crowling as we drove through this backed up highway. My mood was already horrible from earlier and now I'm hungry, pregnant and miserable. "You hungry? He asked.

"No I'm fine" I said continuing to look through the ongoing traffic crossing my arms. I could feel him looking over at me every few seconds and it was beginning to get annoying. I then turned my body completely to the side scrolling through my phone. I felt my stomach growl even louder. He turned the music down "Look baby" "

"Don't call me that" I said quickly

"Fine.......Blake you don't have to front with me. I've known you way too long for you to be acting like this. I know deep down inside your happy that I came apologize. Now you're trying to act all difficult because your mad at me. I know your mad at me but don't be starving over there to death because you want to be stubborn" he said.

"I said I'm fine "I argued. "Okay" he said turning his trap music all the way up. I watched him switch lanes getting off the exit. "What are you doing? I asked

"Getting some food" he said. I rolled my eyes I didn't feel like all this traffic and constant stops. I just wanted to get home away from him. He pulled through the popeyes drive thru. Ordering his food.

"Welcome to popeyes can I take your order"

"Yes, I'll have the number 6 mild with the rice beans with a sprite"

"Will that complete your order?

"Umm add a number 2 mild with a fruit punch" he said as I rolled my eyes. "I said I wasn't hungry" I said. "This aint for you, its for me" he said pulling up to give the lady the money. She gave him back his change and the food. He parked to the side "Here" he said handing me my bag. I slowly grabbed it and began taking my food out. "Thanks" I said lowly

"Yup" he said. I rolled my eyes and began eating my chicken and potatoes. I wasn't in the mood for popeyes. More like a salad but I had no choice seeing as though I haven't eaten all day and my stomach was churning. I felt him still watching me but I ignored him continuing to eat. His cell phone began to ring as he quickly answered it.

"Hello"

"Wassup you find her yet? I could hear Jacob's voice from a mile away.

"Yeah I found her, were on our way home now" he said. "Yeah I knew you'd find her ass; man these females always be on the run don't they" he chuckled.

"Yea they do, I'm not gonna let her out my sight this time" he said looking over at me. I rolled my eyes again slurping my drink. "Yeah but it'll hit you back when we get home. The traffic is no joke" he said. I watched him get off the phone placing his shades on. I placed my finished food back in the bag. "You ready? He asked.

"I looked at the time it was now . "Yup" I said. He began pulling off and I knew we were on our way to the longest ride ever. An hour passed by and I was zoned out listening to whatever was on the radio. I glanced at him and he looked over but I quickly turned around. "Umm do you mind reaching in the back to grab my sunglasses? He asked. I turned around trying to find his sunglasses. "Look in the pouch " he said. I dug in the pouch and the first thing that touched my hands was a few empty condom wrappers. I became disgusted all over again "Don't see them, just these empty magnums" I said turning back around.

He sighed "Its not what you think, those were for last time when we you know" he explained. I squinted my eyes, I don't recall us having sex in the car. Those are places for quickies, side chicks and hookups definitely not me. "Hmmm" I said. I just brushed it off, don't feel like arguing again but he must think I was born yesterday. I grew a little furious but kept it inside. I heard one of my favorite songs come on his XM radio describing how I was feeling. Aaliyah- Heartbroken came on and I felt like she was singing to my soul.