Chapter 41: Turn the page

Chres

I stared at her going through her things she really thought she could hide out on me for the longest. Although I began to lose it because I was getting worried, that was a pretty nice try. The burglars took all of her TV's and a few of her clothes. I help her fix her furniture that was moved. I was kind of iffy about her staying the night here, I'm scared they'll come back or something. "You sure you want stay here by yourself? I asked.

"I'm fine, my aunt is coming here in a few days so I'll be fine" she said barely looking at me.

"Cool, umm do you need me to help you buy anything? I asked watching her sweep up the glass. She looked up, staring at me briefly "Thanks but no thanks. I got it" she said. I hated that she was giving me short responses, I'd rather her call me out my name and yell at me instead of keeping the convo short. I stared at her new tattoo of roses on her hand. "What made you cover your tattoo? I asked.

"I wanted it removed, things aren't for certain anymore. My aunt told me to never get a guy's name tattooed on you. Even if your married or together things can change" she explained.

"I guess I gotta get your initials removed then too" I said seeing what her response would be. "Do what you gotta do" she said dumping the glass in the trash can. I truly hated this it was almost as if the old Blake was back and I'm talking about when I first met her and she was so cold not giving a guy a chance. "Why you acting so non-chalant about everything? I asked. She rolled her eyes "I'm not acting non-chalant Chres" she said

"Yes you are, I'm just trying to talk to you damn" I said. "I'm not being anyway, I am extremely exhausted. I just came home and someone broke into my house" she said calmly leaving. I watched her come back with another trash bag. Pulling the other bag out but I stopped her.

"What? She asked.

"Deep down inside I know you want this to work out as much as I do. I gave you space, you got away from me for two months now you need even more space? What are you running from? I asked

"I'm just exhausted" she said.

"Exhausted that's all your giving me? I asked.

"What else do you want me to say? I already said how I felt if we keep talking about this all its going to do is lead to another argument. Who wants to keep doing that not me? She said

"Exactly the more reasons why we should be getting along. Just let me be by your side while your going through this. I know you're tired of feeling lonely, going to sleep sad, and plus your pregnant" I explained.

"I'm fine really, I have to set boundaries with you. We can't have relations anymore or you sleeping over, we all know what it lead to so. I'm good on that" She said.

"So your really done with me? I asked. She didn't say anything she continued to clean up. "Alright, well I'll get out of your hair. Call me if you need anything" I said. I had to keep reminding myself that its only been a day since she's been back. I have to fall back a little and let her be.

Later that Day

Blake

I sat at the table with Noni and Ashlyn. They wanted to treat me to dinner to catch up on things and because they missed me dearly.

"Girl lemme tell you how Chres was acting a fool when you were gone. He damn near threatened to get me fired and all just because I didn't want to tell him where you were" Ashlyn said.