Put a ring on it

*the next day*

I walked down the stairs to the living room, Very Very nervous.

I looked around for that special person, to find him looking at me.

I blushed and looked away. He was so handsome Mashallah. He had dark brown eyes, Black hair, and was very tall and buff.

I saw him smirking from the corner of my eye.

His dad, Amo Ismail, started talking.
Salam Alaykum Aceil. Today we have come to ask for your hand in marriage for our son Zayn. I nodded and smiled shyly
His mom Khalto Salam looks at me and smiles sweetly before saying, We would love to have you in our Family Habibti.

I smiled at her. She was such a sweet woman. I mean she was Khalto Reem's sister, so obviously she was.

So Zayn and Aceil, do you guys want a moment to talk privately in the presence of a mahram?, ask the parents

We both said yes and got up with my older brother Issa to the room next to the living room.

So Aceil, he says with a warm smile, I don't have any questions for you because I think I already known you pretty well but do you have any questions for me?

Yes I do have a few questions, I say

"Ask away",he says

I ask him what he plans to be in the future.

Inshallah I'll be going to law school next year.

Oh Mashallah Nice, I reply.

Anything else?, He asks

Yes, Do you prefer a housewife or a woman who works?

Anything you want to do, I'll let you, as long as it is allowed islamically.

He sounded great Mashallah.

"Ok, that's all", I tell him.

We head back to the living with a smile on our faces.

We sit back down and Our parents ask me, So Aceil, is it a yes?

I look at them all and pause, looking at Zayn's nervous Face pleading me to say yes.

I give him a warm smile, and say: Yes, my answer is Yes.

His face lit up and he smiles and says ALHAMDULILLAH.

We make eye contact and I blush. He gave me a cheeky smile with a wink.

He gets out his ring from his pocket and comes towards me, sliding it onto my ring finger,careful not to touch me Since we weren't married yet.                 

I couldn't believe this was happening.

He leaned towards me and whispers, "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you wifey.

I playfully glare at him.
"I'm not your wifey yet Zayn", I tell him.

YET, your not my wifey YET.
___________________________
OMG ACEIL AND ZAYN ARE ENGAGEDDDD.