Chapter 13

I smacked my wrist into the entrance door were I have 'Control S' class. The portal opened and I saw Scarlett sitting in the grass giving a talk. I looked around and I realized I was the only girl. It was me, Noah, Chase and Terrence.Yay. 'Relax, its just a class' I whispered to myself in a pathetic attempt to be less nervous. 

Scarlett saw me and motioned me to come join the conversation

I left my backpack at the entrance and speed walked towards the group, I realized that they were talking about what self defence meant to them.

"Kiara, what is Personal Defence to you?" Scarlett asked me when I got there

"it's knowing how to protect myself from danger" I told her

"Wrong" Scarlett smiled. That bitch.

"Personal Defence is a defense that can be used against others" She said

I know she hates me but I just don't know why. It's like Im doing something wrong by just being here. 

"Sorry" I said

She rolled her eyes and made an annoyed face gesture. I sat down between Chase and Terrence.After 2 seconds of relaxing, Scarlett told us to stand up and get a partner. Noah speed walked with Chase so I suppose my new partner was Terrence, the school jerk.

"Now, talk to your partners about your element" Scarlett as she inspected her blue nails.

I walked towards Terrence that was facing the wall. When I got closer I realize he was admiring himself in a small mirror. Now I know why he got the nickname.

"Hi" I said

"Don't you think I am incredibly handsome" He ignored my greeting

"Ummm I guess so..."I agreed.5 seconds with this guy and I was alredy uncomfortable as hell.

"Well, my element-" "No no no no and no, I go first" He interupted me

"I am sand, which is the best element because if you have sand you can make a storm and kill everyone" He said dramatically.wow.a jerk AND stupid.

"cool, I'm water but I can only control a little" I said

"Who cares about water??" He glared at me

"Well I do" I glared back

"Thats because its you" He said

"Times up! come on guys." Scarlett interupted our fight

As I walked towards Scarlett I looked back at Terrance and he was with his mirror again. Pathetic. I took a seat next to Scarlett.

"One by one will demonstrate your abilities" Scarlett told us as she grabed a clipboard

"Ladies first" She said looking at me 

See! She hated me, lots

"Ok" I said 

Scarlett brought a cup of water. My palms started to sweat. This was time to show my abilities to show what I can do. I took a big breath and opened my left palm. I started twisting and closing my hand little by little. I turned to the cup and saw bubles starting to develop. The more I closed my hand the more bubbles came up. Out of nowhere I got the feeling of danger. It was not the type of danger I could fight to protect myself. The water was the problem. 

"Back Off! It's going to explode" I yelled 

Everyone except Scarlett ducked as the water exploded. A few drops of water reached my skin.The water hurt. I looked at Scarlett to se if she was okay but she didn't have a single drop of water on her body. I had done this since I was a kid and this had never happened.

"WOW!!!! CAN YOU DO THAT AGAIN?!?" Noah smied at me

"What?" Scarlett and me asked him in shock at him

"What the hell?! You liked that?!?" Scarlett yelled at Noah as if he was crazy

"Yes! Finally something cool happens at this school" His grin got bigger

"OH MY GOD! You just ruined my leather jacket!" Terrence said as he tried to dry it with sheets of paper.

"That was pretty cool" Chase admitted  

I felt like hugging them. They were so nice.

"Since Ms. Gafe thinks exploding cups is cool she will have to clean everything at the end" Scarlett all but yelled

"Next is Noah" She sat down and put a piece of metal on the floor. 

Noah grabbed the metal cube and launched it to the air as it was falling it suddenly turned into ice it started moving around but it didn't fall. It was like magic. Then suddenly Noah dropped the cube and it fell on Terence's head. That was my favorite part.

"Fuck you Noah" Terrence complained 

"You are welcome" Noah replied 

"Next" Scarlett said as if freezing metal in mid air was nothing.

Chase looked at a tree log siting in the ground. He kept staring at it for a long time not even moving his hands or anything. Just staring. I looked at the log again and noticed it starting to turn green with plants growing at its sides. After a while the whole log was like a garden. It was beautiful.

"Are we done now?" Terence complained 

"Don't interrupt" Scarlett said as she practically drooled

Apparently Scarlett loved Chase. After 2 minutes of the plants slowly growing and expanding Scarlett, grudgingly, decided it was time for Terrence to show us his talent.

"FINALLY!!" Terrence yelled

I rolled my eyes, god he was stupid.  Scarlett moved a plate with sand to the middle of the circle. Terrence walked towards the circle and took a big breath. I thought to myself how stupid he was. A couple minutes had passed and nothing had happened yet. I wanted to yell at him disparately. I think he was doing a ritual to concentrate. Suddenly I saw Noah showing the finger secretly to Terrence. And I laughed. 

"What is so funny Ms. Gafe" Scarlett asked while Noah putted his hands in is pocket

"Nothing" I replied

"Scarlett can I ask something" Chase asked politely 

"SURE, you know you can ask anything" I wondered what did Chase do to make Scarlett love him. 

"TERRENCE PLEASE HURRY UP" Chase yelled

"Ok, I am ready" Terrence expanded his arm and closed her hand and it seemed the sand started to move like if someone was stirring it. And after 2 minutes the sand became a sand tornado. And as usual I started to cuff. Well not just me also Noah and Chase. It became bigger and bigger and we couldn't see through. It was kind of stunning. I realized Noah was making Chase cuff louder so Scarlett would make Terrence stop. And it did work. When Scarlett saw Chase cuffing in the floor she yelled at Terrence to stop. And he did. 

"Thanks Chase" Terrence said sarcastically

"HEY" Scarlett yelled as the sand faded away

"Kiara, Noah and Terrence your homework is to practice, and Chase, you don't have any homework. You can leave" She said 

Scarlett loves Chase. There's no doubt about it. 

My next class is Math.