Chapter 1

Vanessa's P.O.V:
Day one, and I'm already regretting the day I walked over to Nico's house and welcomed them. Ken has made this stupid quest bearable... But then there was the factor of Nico. He is unbelievable.... I can't believe I am stuck with him for however many days on this stupid quest! Cue my internal screaming.

... Okay, its not like I hate the guy... I just... I am so mad at him for toying with my heart... "-and then I was telling them about- Hey, Van, are you even listening?" Ken asked, waving a hand in front of me. I blinked and snapped my neck to his direction. "I, uh, yeah, totally." I said, faking a smile. He gave me a knowing look. "... Vanessa, what is it?" he asked softly.

I looked in front of us, looking at the raven haired boy trekking along. "Ken, its nothing I swear." Ken followed my gaze and looked at Nico. "It has something to do with Nico." he said pointedly. "Dammit Ken, you're supposed to be a son of Apollo, not of Athena." I said jokingly, trying to stop him from talking about Nico. I just wish I could forgive and forget.

Did he... Did he really mean it when he said he liked me? I sighed and looked at the ground. Ken looked back at Nico for a second. "Did you guys fight or something? I heard you guys were best friends." he said, walking slower for me. I sighed and looked at him. "Look, I'll tell you later... Right now, we should probably work on getting to the right place.

Ken looked disappointed, as if he genuinely wanted to help, but nodded. "Yeah... So do you have any idea where we have to go?" Nico slowed down, waiting as we walked closer to him. I bit the inside of my cheek and nodded. "... Yeah." I said finally. Nico and Ken both looked at me.

"Calypso's island... But, uh, things aren't how we think they are." I said.