Chapter 13 (Part 2)

I saw Nico get back up and I let out a sigh of relief. At least he's up. Now, you have a job to do. I continued to climb up the hyrda's leg, stabbing its meaty legs to do so. Ken saw me and motioned for me to come closer. Keep the fire going... keep it going... Nico was shouting something at Ken and I could only hope that is wasn't insults. 

Ken nodded and started to cut in deeper and quicker, making me panic. If he keeps that up, he'll cut off the head soon. I won't make it by that point. "What in the name of Hades are you doing, Ken!? I can't get there in time!" I shouted, trying to make him stop. I turned back to Nico and he seemed to be... encouraging him? "Nico, what the hell!"

Nico's POV
I got up shakily. Did the world always have swirls? Huh... I shook my head. No Nico.... focus. Your 'friends' are in danger. I thought. But I was in no shape to get into the action. I looked at where Vanessa is and when Ken is. At this rate, they'll both me dead in no time. What if....

"Ken! Cut its head off completely. Your the son of Apollo! Summon some light and scorch the stub!" Ken looked confused for a second, but then nodded. He cut in deeper and faster, his face on of concentration. I encouraged him, even though Vanessa seemed to be against my plan. What else can I do?

Well, as a son of Hades, I can definitely raise the dead. I need both Roman and Greek soldiers now, and they all need heavy artillery. If Hazel we here, she'd help with raising the dead and finding out where some weapons were... Stop! Concentrate, this may just save your friends, okay? I thought, but why would my mind let me concentrate? Oh no... no, no, no. I couldn't concentrate for a few minutes, but when I heard the hydras roar... I knew I needed to.