Chapter 15

I started to feed Nico. "Come on, you little annoying brat, eat." I said, trying to insult him to calm my own nerves. He swallowed slowly, but I was worried that he'd soon choke on the ambrosia. Soon enough, I was right and he started to cough up the ambrosia bits. "How about we give him some nectar?" Ken suggested. I nodded. "Okay, that's a good idea...." I said, concentrating on keeping Nico from slumping.

Ken brought it out, shaking it around for a little bit before smiling, handing it to him. I nodded and took it, praying to the gods he'd wake up or at least not have that red patch of skin on his chest. I tilted his head up and made him drink the nectar. "... after this, we have to leave this site. This isn't safe... we need higher grounds, yet it has to be closed off." I stated. Ken nodded. "Maybe an empty cave?" I thought it over. "... maybe... but we have to be ready to be able to sleep on the ground, you know?" I said. Ken nodded. "Yeah..."

Suddenly, Nico was sputtering nonsense. I jumped a little, nearly dropping the rest of the nectar. "Nico!" I shouted, happy to see that he was awake. "... V-Vanessa?" he asked, his voice scratchy. "... what happened?" I asked, tilting my head. "... I used up too much energy..." he muttered.

"Well, I understand... But... How?" He groaned and tried to get up, which only made my push him down. "...I took some energy from my soul... I didn't know it would hurt..." I look down. His soul? Demigods can do that? ... Would I be able to do that? I thought, thinking deeply. I didn't hear the conversation between Ken and Nico, but it sounded like arguing.

I looked back at the two. "Hey, what are you two fighting about?" I asked, groaning in annoyance. Every dang time. I sighed as they ceased their fighting. "... Nico can't stay here!"

"Yes I can! I just need to recover!"

"Exactly! How long will that take!"

"I don't know!"

I sighed in frustration. "Guys, stop it, will you?!"

Nico and Ken looked at me. "... sorry Vanessa... I just think he may hold us back." I thought for a bit. "... Okay, how about this, he'll come with us, but he won't do any fighting, he'll just stay on the sidelines until you assess him well enough to fight, alright?"

Ken and Nico nodded. ".... okay, okay." I smiled. "Okay, at least you two agreed on that..." I muttered. Nico got up, taking a sharp breath. "We should head out, now. It may not be safe enough to stay here." I nodded and Ken agreed. "Lets gets some resources." I sighed and looked down. "I'll go get them.

---

Is it possible to walk straight down a path, and yet, still get lost? That's what my situation is right now... and I am slightly scared... No weapons and no source of communication...