Chapter 1

Jane's POV

My day started as usual, blaring alarm at 6:30. As soon as it started making noise I hit the snooze button. I didn't want to move out of bed it was a bitterly cold Boston morning. 20 minutes later I hear my door open and Maura yelling "It's just me Jane!" She stumbled into my bedroom where I was still curled up in bed, "Jane" she began "I don't think I have ever been so cold in my life I even have cutis anserine" I replied with "What the hell are cutis anserine?" "Goosebumps obviously" she replied with a slight smile. She stood there shaking in her running clothes. We always go for a run every morning, today was just too cold. "Climb into bed then" I suggested not thinking she would. Surely enough she slips her shoes off and climbs in next to me. I felt the coldness of Maura and the air as she lifted the sheets and got in. She asked "Is it ok if I cuddle you?" I was honestly shocked. She usually isn't a person who gets cuddly or hugs unless something is wrong. I respond with "Of course you can" I figure it's because of the cold and not because she loves me or anything. But I know she doesn't. 5 years and she hasn't shown any signs so I don't know why I am thinking about it. I don't want to get my hopes up. It's a vicious circle, first I think she does something because she loves me. Then I try to convince myself she doesn't. Then I think maybe just maybe she even has the tiniest feelings for me. That repeats until I get to the point where I just get upset because I know she doesn't love me. This happens usually once a day sometimes I can go whole day without my thoughts. Those days I cherish because I don't go home or to bed upset. I feel free. As usual I try to bury my feelings deep down inside. So deep they won't resurface.

A/N:  

Hey guys, thanks for reading the first chapter of my new fanfic. New chapter coming this time next week