Chapter 4

I looked up at the clock, 3pm. God time flies. I was just finishing up with the autopsy when Jane walked in, "Maura I understand if your still angry at me but I really don't want you to be. I am so sorry I made you upset I didn't mean to hurt you."

"It's fine Jane I understand you were just frustrated. How about let's go back to mine and watch a movie and order take out?"

"Sounds good, but no kissy kissy romance movies, I can't stand them." I giggled "Ok then Jane"

I left my workroom and headed to my office.

"what are you doing?" Jane hollered from the hallway

"Getting changed and getting my bag" I replied yelling just as loud. The place was empty and our voices echoed throughout. I heard the clomping of Janes boots following me down the hallway. I entered my office and began to close the blinds in case someone was to come down. I wouldn't want them to see me half naked. Jane followed into my office and planted herself on the couch.

JANES POV

I fell on to Maura's couch. I was exhausted from the lack of sleep the night before. I can't help but stay up all night worrying. I sat there and tried not to stare at her perfect body as she got dressed but she's so irresistible. Fuck why am I such a coward. I should tell her but argh!!

"Hey Maura, I love you" I say barely above a whisper

"What was that Jane? I couldn't hear you" I was surprised to hear a reply. A part of me wanted her to hear me then another didn't. "It's ok" I replied upset.

"No Jane tell me"

"Leave it alone Maura! It's fine!" I stormed out of her office and slammed the door. I didn't know what to do. She didn't deserve to have me yell at her but I'm just so frustrated. I couldn't help it and now I feel bad. I went into the storage closet and sat on the ground, curled up in a ball, crying. I can't keep doing this much longer.

I heard Maura walking around yelling my name looking for me. I tried to supress the sound of my crying but to no success I hear her knocking on the door.

"Jane, I know you're in there don't try and pretend you're not."

I stayed silent in the closet hoping she would just give up and realise I wasn't in there. I felt the tears streaming down my face as I covered my hand with my mouth. I didn't want her to confront me. I couldn't face her.

"Jane, look I know you're in there. I assume you don't want to talk to me. I don't know what I did wrong. I am going to sit in my office, when you're ready please come and see me. Don't leave without seeing me."

"I'm sorry Jane"

I heard as her footsteps grew quieter.

I continue to sit inside the closet, crying even more. I finally decided it was time to come out so I could head home for the night. Nervously I opened the door and cautiously peered out. I wish I didn't have to go back into her office but all my keys are inside. I slowly shuffled towards her office hoping not to make a sound with my clunky boots. I walked through the doorway and kept my head down and proceeded over to the coffee table to get my keys, wallet, cell, gun and badge.

"Jane, can we talk about this now please"

"No Maura I'm going to head home now"

I looked up at the clock and realised I had been in the closet for 40 minutes.

"You sat in there and cried for nearly an hour. You never cry, especially for that long."

"Maura, I just need to go home and rest for now"

"Ok but I'm coming with you"

"No just leave me by myself"

"No, I will be coming, there is nothing you can do about it"

"I'm going home"

I said as I stormed out of her office and went to mycar, ignoring everyone who spoke to me. I sped home not following any rule. Ipulled up in front of my building and just cried in the car for another tenminutes.