A Final Choice

After you guys left the elevator all Chara could do was run. They were to excited to be home, and show you how amazing everything was there despite it being empty. Though they started thinking of possible ways to get into a better timeline which just filled them to the brim with determination. They were to distracted to notice you were completely out of breath. Well they didn't until you fell over.

"What are you doing? It's wasting time." Chara asked.

"I'm... slowly... dying..." You replied.

"Why are you doing that it can be really painful to do it at that pace. Especially with buttercups." They said.

"I wasn't being serious. I'm just out of breath, and my legs hurt, and- WAIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" You yelled as Chara picked you up and started running again.

"I'm staying determined." Chara said surprised they hadn't fallen over yet.

Somehow they managed to carry you all the way to a house that looked the same as the one you saw in the ruins just with slight changes. Right when they stepped inside they finally dropped you before almost falling over. You hit the floor with a loud thud, and felt a head ache coming on. "Ow Chara what the hell?"

"Sorry!" Chara said and helped you up.

"Ugh. What even is this place? It looks like where I was when I first fell down." You asked rubbing you head.

"Oh you were in the ruins. When I was alive my family and I lived there for awhile before we moved here. Haha I missed this place." They explained.

"Wait so you lived in a castle? YOU WERE ROYALTY!?!?!"

"Ummm yeah? I guess technically I was."

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!?!?"

"Because I killed myself and my brother causing the queen to leave the king who became depressed and left with a hopeless kingdom?"

"Damn. So you murdered your bro?"

"No! Ugh long story short I poisoned myself with buttercups so we could use my soul to escape but it failed. Now I need to check something!" Chara said before running into the room to your left. "So that's why they smell like pollen." You thought and walked into the next room only to here Chara yelling, "THERE'S NO CHOCOLATE!!!"

You walked into the kitchen and saw them sprawled out on the floor with the fridge wide open. You noticed their eyes actually getting all watery. They were going to cry....because there was no chocolate. The only other time you saw someone cry over food was with Frisk because they really wanted pancakes at 3 AM. You really needed to make friends with people who don't obsess over food to the point of depression.

"First no knives. Now no chocolate. The castle sucks!" Chara said rolling around on the floor.

"There was chocolate at the ruins." You stated remembering from when you were there.

Chara proceeded to sit up with a face of rage that started turning into a distorted mess. Creeped out you just walked back into the living room. You then sat on the giant chair in there as you heard Chara complaining in the kitchen. This has been the craziest week of your life despite being asleep for most of it. You're not even sure what the weirdest part was. It was probably Chara. They were a sadistic ghost that is currently rolling around the kitchen floor crying about a castle's lack of chocolate. Yup Chara won the prize of insanity. After about five more minutes they came out of the kitchen and stood next to you.

"Done with your breakdown?" You joked.

"Very funny, but it wasn't a 'breakdown' it was a let down. Who doesn't own knives and chocolate?" Chara said crossing their arms.