Chapter 1

My name is Lily. Lily Crawfire to be exact and well, I'm your classic nerd. Straight A's. Math genius. Pokemon geek. I'm just that weird girl who everybody knows but nobody knows. You get what I mean? Every day is this the same for me. Go to school, get laughed at, have some popular girl ask me for answers on a test. Except one day. That day was different, really different, and I guess I'll tell you just how it went.

A regular Saturday afternoon. I was playing my Pokemon White 2 DS game while lounging in my bed. Since I had no plans for anything else that day, I was planning on Pokemoning out. You know, play Pokemon all day. Anyway, suddenly my mom called me from downstairs, "Lily! Get down here! We have guests!"

Ugh! I thought, Why now? I quickly got up and kind of made my big brown haired bun a little neater. I tiredly walked down the stairs expecting to see Laura, one of my mom's friends, but instead I saw someone quite different. A tall thin lady stood in the front hallway. Wearing a long navy blue skirt with a light brown button up blouse. Her hair was long and thin too.

"Lily", my mom adressed,"These are the Hickery's. They just moved in across the street".

I slowly walked down to the doorway thinking to see just the thin lady standing there but I also saw someone else. It was a boy, about my age, 13 or 14. He had short brown hair and deep blue eyes.

"Honey, this is Norma", my mom gestured to the tall lady,"and this is Cedric".

"Hi", I said kind of awkwardly.

"Hello", Norma replied,"We just moved in so we wanted to meet everyone in the neighborhood".

"Well then", my mom said putting on a grin,"Why doesn't Norma come inside and you two can go out in the yard".

My mom stepped aside to let Norma pass and followed behind her into the kitchen. As soon as they left, I stepped outside onto the porch, my body adjusting to the cooler air.

"Hi", he greeted.

"Nice to meet you", I greeted back.

"So, what school do you go to?" He asked trying to make small talk.

"Bridgeton Middle".

"Cool. I might be going there to".

"You wanna go walk in the backyard?"

"Sure".

I lead him past our house into the backyard.

"Um,.. so you like Pokemon?" He gesture to my PJs.

I looked down and recognized a blue shirt sprouting a Pokemon logo and the mascot of Pokemon in the middle. "Yeah, kind of", I replied blushing. Oh, great, I thought, is he going to make fun of me too?

"I like it too. Ya know, I've never met a girl who actually likes Pokemon, before, but I think it's cool that you're different".

I was blown back. No guy had ever said that to me. Like EVER.

"Thanks", I said, trying to hide my astonishment.

"Hey, what's that over there in that tree?" He asked, changing the subject and gesturing toward the forest.

"Oh, that?"

He nodded.

"That's our tree house, you wanna see it?"

He only smiled and I took that as a yes, so I started to lead him into the woods.

Fallen leaves crackled beneath my feet. I stared into the almost bare trees and frowned. Winter was coming so fast this year.

Just before we reached the tree house, the wind picked up. It blew harshly at us. My hair became undone and it crazily flipped in it.

I covered my face with my elbow and spoke,"Do you wanna go back?"

I could barely make out him saying"Yeah".

We hadn't even took one step until the wind blew so hard it literally swept us off out feet. We churned in the air swaying everywhere. Gray dust started to form around us, creating a cyclone, type structure. At the bottom I made out a dark silvery hole, that was slowly growing. I saw it waver and move, electricity sparked out of it. Suddenly I felt myself being pulled toward it, and thrown in a pit of darkness and fear. Then, everything went black.