Chapter 2

Kenneths pov- Vanessa walked in looking pretty as usual. When would I ever find the courage to make her mine. I remember all the rumors about her last school year, it seems like she's doing better. Especially when she walks in class with a smile.. such a beautiful smile.

My homie Tj slapped me in the back of my head.

"Snap out of it! You know that girl is way out of your league man."

"Well maybe, but there could be a chance I could get with her I just need the courage ass wipe."

"Anyway, did you hear about her fight earlier brah?! I saw that shit, that girl got some hands on her,"

Man, my fantasy girl is pretty, smart, and feisty... I like it. But she needs a change violence is not always the answer.

"What she was fighting for?" I asked Tj.

"That girl Brittany started with her, calling her a hoe and shit. Vanessa rawed that ass out."

"Damn that girl is still bad, wasn't she better than that before Huleo?"

Tj shrugs.

"Can I have this seat next to you?" Vanessa asked me.

"Yea you cool, li mama"

I tried too hard to sound cool. Ugh nice move Kenneth. But her smile makes me forget everything surrounding me.

"Kenneth can you introduce yourself for the class?" Asked Ms.Grumming

"Ummm, Well my name is Kenneth Flare. I'm 17, I play basketball....

Chris interrupt's me and mocks my voice.

"I'm a nerd, I have straight A's and I have nothing else better in my life than to beat my meat to animal porn."

The class erupts into laughter. I'm so embarrassed, but yet mad because Vanessa is dying laughing right next to me.

I turned red with anger. I was going to put my hands on that dude, but I remember my conversation with my counselor.

Keep calm Kenneth I thought as I sat down in my seat.

Vanessa looks over at me and just stares. I hope nothing is on my shirt or something.

"Ha! hope what he says isn't true." She tells me.

I shrug.

"For today I will assign partners for a project I will be telling you guys about" Says Ms.Grumming.

"Tom and Darlene, Chris and Roy, Bianca and Vicky, Huleo and Brittany, Tj and Ken, and Vanessa with Kenneth" Says Ms.Grumming.

Vanessa glares at Brittany.

"You know you shouldn't worry bout him or her right? He just down graded I mean look at her." I tell her.

She laughs and says, "Wow, I guess but who are you to tell me what I need to do."

"Your partner for this project, I didn't ask for an attitude I just wanted to help."

"Well, I didn't ask for a low life nerd for a partner ugh. And I don't need any help I'm fine." She says as rolling her eyes and moving seats to the front waiting on the bell to dismiss class.

Damn, that kinda stung. But oh well who needs her...and me being a low life? I have plenty of things going on for me. I'm pretty smartfor a junior, plenty of colleges want me already.

*ring*

I hurry and grab my books and wait on Tj after class.

"Man that Vanessa girl, she's going to get you in trouble.. She's no good I advise you to just stay away." Said Tj