Chapter 3

It's Monday and my weekend was nothing but horrible. I just wish I could start all over. 

As soon as I walk into the school everyones eyes are on me, pointing with wide mouths. I'm really getting tired of school to be honest. I rush pass the crowd and went to my locker to gather my books for today. Someone grabs my shoulders before I get to walk away to head to my first class.

"Vanessa?" said Marlo

I looked at him with a shocked expression.. I just wanted to cry right there in the middle of the hall. I didn't care who see's . I look down at the ground not daring to look in his eyes. 

"What do you want?" I asked in a disgusted voice.

"About the video..." He tried to explain but I cut him off.

"I don't wanna hear about it! It came from your phone, no excuses!" I yelled at him.

He grabbed my arm and kisses me gently. My knees felt weak.

"Let's go riding in my car so I can explain." He told me softy. 

"That would be skipping." I said. 

"Since when did you care for school?" He asked. 

We both laughed. Since when did I start caring for school. 

"Ok, fine let's go." I said

We drove to downtown, and stopped at my favorite resturant Kippers. They sell the best food in town. After we ate he started to explain but got a call and left to talk. I took my phone out and started to call that nerd of a guy Kenneth. It was a struggle to find his number. It rung for about a century when I was about ot hang up he picked up. 

"Hello?" he asked slowy. 

"Yea, this Vanessa." I said 

"ohh." He said 

"What's wrong with you." I asked 

"My bestfriend Tj...... he just found out he has aids.." he stutterd while saying this.

"Damn, how long has he had it.?

"A year today is his last day to live.... I can't spend time with him because his mom won't let anyone near." 

That's why I didn't see him at all today. I feel sorry for Kenneth... poor guy.

"Vanessa? You there?" He asked

"Yes, I'm here.. I'll always be here." I said

"Vanessa Elvia, Since I've first laid my eye's on you I fell in love. You are the sun to my shine.. I think you deserve the best and I know you probably would flash.. but before I hang up this phone I need to let you know what you are my world.. and I love you.. see you tomorrow at school." He told me

It sounded as if he was crying.. I didn't know what to say I was so shocked.. I've been thinking all guys were the same when he was right here in front of me.

"Ken.." I started to say

Before I get to say anything the call was ended.. By that time Marlo comes back and asks me to go get something out his car. 

"Alright." I say

While I walked back out I called Kenneth. As soon as he answerd I started to tell him about how it was sweet of him it was to tell me that, and that I kinda felt the same for him. But than he got quiet. 

"What.s wrong?" I asked. 

"He died." he said 

I start to cry a little. Damn I could only imagine how he feels. Losing a friend is something bad. I probably do know how he feels since I lost my mom last year. I really start to cry. 

"I told you it aint over!" Yelled someone from the car that pulled up. 

Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop 

Those were the sounds that lead me to my death bed. 

"Vanessa!" Yelled Kenneth. 

Than everything went black, I was gone.