Chapter 7

Recap: 'Any luck?' My grip on the device tightens as I read the text. 'No, I'll tell you when I get a lead.' 'You better.' I sigh and slide my phone back into my pocket, plastering on a fake smile as Yoonji looks up. "What was that about?" she asks as soon as I'm within earshot. "Hmm? Oh nothing," I respond. "Yah, don't do that! Just tell me," she whines and I pinch her cheek to annoy her. "Shireo." She groans and I continue walking ahead of her. "Pabo." I smile fondly as she falls into step beside me, refusing to look at me. I examine her from the side and my smile drops a little. I'm not going to let him have her. He'll have to kill me first.

Yoonji's POV

"So where are we going?" I ask, breaking the silence between us.

"It's a secret."

"I hate secrets," I groan, and Chanyeol just smirks in reply. We continue walking in silence and I start to whistle a random tune out of boredom.

"You know that's really annoying," Chanyeol says and I stick my tongue out at him.

"So are you."

He rolls his eyes and doesn't say anything. Finally after walking for a few more minutes, we come to a stop on the outskirts of a forest.

"You brought me to a forest?"

He chuckles at my obvious distaste. "Sort of. You up for a run?"

My lips turn up at that suggestion and I slip into the cover of the trees, shifting almost immediately. I shake out my white coat, stretching my legs. A pure black wolf appears beside me and he lets his tongue roll out into a messy grin. My eyes travel down to his paws and I let out a bark of laughter. He has socks. He notices my stare and yaps at me, snapping his jaws. I snap mine back and turn, taking off further into the woods.

"Where are you going love?"

I shiver as Chanyeol's voice fills my head, not expecting the intrusion. "On a run. Wae?"

His chuckles fill my head. "We're not just going for a run. That would be a really crappy date. I just thought it would be a more fun way to get to where we are going," he explains and I roll my eyes.

"Then where are we going?"

He grins another slobbery grin and I'm sure if he was in his human form, he would be smirking. "Follow me." He takes off in the opposite direction that I had begun to run and I quickly follow after him. After a short run, we come to the end of the woods. He shifts back and waits for me to do so, before grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the cover of the trees. We're at the top of a large hill that overlooks the whole city. The sun has already begun to set, casting a pink glow above us.

Chanyeol drops my hand and makes his way closer to the edge of the cliff, sitting down and sliding his backpack off. I follow suit and plop down beside him on the grass.

"I hope you know that this is really cheesy," I say, but a soft smile makes it's way onto my face. He snorts, shrugging.

"I thought it would be nice. I used to come here a lot when I needed to escape," he says, leaning back on his palms and tilting his head back, eyes closed.

"An escape from what?"

A bitter look crosses his features as he opens his eyes and stares at the sky. "Life."

I can tell that he doesn't want to continue with this conversation, so I change the topic. "You don't by chance have any food in that bag, do you?"