Solitary Confinement [ harry styles AU]

"Shh, it's going to be okay." A young Anne said to the little bundle of joy wrapped tightly in blankets. His short , fat hands reached up and touched her cheek, not knowing it would be the last time. She ran further down the long main road, clinging onto the baby as if it were her heart. Her life. Small droplets of rain fell onto her freckled face as she picked up her pace.

For some odd reason, the 2 month old started giggling. Even in the worst times, he found something to laugh about. Sometimes Anne had to wonder what was going on inside his tiny brain. Her legs started to move faster, as the rain came down heavier, at alarming rates. Absolutely no one was on the streets at this point. Nobody in their right minds would be out at 2 in the morning, when it's 10 degrees. But there was a reason Anne was out this late, or early. Thunder cracked through the air, making the baby in her arms start to cry. Tears streamed down his chubby, dimpled cheeks. She looked down at him and rubbed his stomach to calm him.

She could see her destination not too far ahead. ' Greenage Orphanage'. She slowed down to a slight jog as she neared the huge building. Tears welled in her eyes as she knew this would be the last time she would see Harry. Her own son. Oh how dearly she wanted to keep him. But her family was completely against her decisions. They begged her to have an abortion but she just couldn't bring herself to kill an innocent child. Her innocent child.

She set Harry down on the steps of the Orphanage and cupped his cheek in her shaking hands. She brushed a few curls from his forehead before placing a gentle kiss there. Unlike most babies, Harry had a full head of hair at his young age. She sat down on the step beside him and unraveled him from the blanket. His face lit up at the 'freedom' and he took his foot in his hands and lifted it up. He rolled onto his side and brought his index finger into his mouth, chewing on the soft skin with his gums. His smile grew as he noticed his mother staring at him. A soft laugh escaped his thin lips as he watched her.

"Harry , honey. I love you so much," she started. Tears threatened to spill over as she peered down at her only son. "I want you to have the best life possible . That's why I'm doing this." she said. She knew very well that he couldn't understand one thing she was saying at his young age, but she wouldn't let it pass. She just had to let him know how much she loved him. "I'm so sorry , honey." Were her last words before she took his small hand in hers, and placed a small kiss on his knuckles. When she pulled away, his features turned into one of worry. Very smart boy. She pulled out a small note with all information they might need and placed it into his hand. He clung to it as if he knew what it was. As if he knew that it would be essential for the rest of his life.

She knocked on the door before sprinting down the steps. Anne turned back and blew a kiss to Harry before running down the pavement. He watched as her heels dug into the gravel, kicking up dust as she went. But as soon as she was out of sight, he began screaming and kicking. The door creaked open and a woman came out and saw a young Harry . She immediately took him into her arms and cradled him into her chest. He fisted her night gown in his chubby hands as she walked down the hallway.

Anne said she wanted the best life for him.

Yet she ruined him.

"She couldn't bring herself to kill an innocent child."

He may not be dead, but she killed him.