Part Nine

You awake on Monday morning to pounding alarm sound and a slight nuzzle of your puppy's wet nose against your leg. Sitting up and releasing a large sigh as your arms expand above your head.
You lean over and see that you have many messages and missed calls on your phone from Demi and Drew... a grunt escapes from your lips as one you see his name, but it quickly turns into a reassured smile as you read Demi's first text to you
'Hey babe, im going to be in hospital for another week or so :( I wanna see you but i know that wouldn't be safe for either one of us, we will see as soon as i leave here okay? i love you baby :*'

Your header fluttered all the way through the text but your stomach was doing backflips when you read the last sentence in your low mumbled voice, you kept repeating it, not knowing if you were saying it back or functioning the thought of her loving you. After a long deep thought over the text you reply with a simple yet detailed answer,

'hey dem, oh my god i hope you are okay my baby, can't wait for you to be back and don't worry I'll be your own private nurse ;) love you too :*'

Sent.

Scrolling through the other messages that had been sent, your eyes lock at a certain message which stops your heart and leaves your mouth hung open. The phone hits the bed as your eyes widen, hand slaps over your mouth and your body feels numb, you then let a single year fall from your eye as it takes you a long time to come back to realisation and a few minutes for your breathing to resume to it's original pattern.
You pick the black slim phone back up as your shaky hands type in the password, which is now the date that you first went out to Demi's apartment, you then proceeded to click back into the messages and re-read that one phrase you wish to never hear. It's from Drew...

'hey (y/n), umm you know that we hooked up at my party? well there's something I need to tell you...
i was thinking about it and i didn't use protection, i swear it wasn't on purpose it was just that we-'

you didn't want to read the rest of that assholes apology because he might now be the reason that you have a child in your stomach. You send a quick text to Drew after he has been waiting all night for you to reply,

'meet me at the starbucks in 10 minutes, don't be late.'

no emotion. no intentions.

Your face turns to a bright red as you get off the bed and go straight to your bathroom. Taking a quick shower, straightening your hair and throwing in a white vest, denim shorts and a beanie you peek your head into your mothers room to see her in deep sleep. You decide to leave her be with a little note left on the fridge, just so she does not worry. Grabbing your car keys and quickly exiting through the big pale blue door and pressing down the pedal of your black range rover you head of to the meeting point and arrive with in 10 minutes as planned.
You walk in and que up waiting to be served, you tap your foot to the cute acoustic song playing in the background but your mind is racing. The thoughts are too powerful that the Starbucks staff member has to come over and shake you slightly, he is a cute guy with brown swishy hair and a large glistening smile.

"Uh-U-Yeah im fine sorry" You stutter as your eyes flicker adjusting to your surroundings

"Here sit down for a moment" The employee leads you to a small table with two chairs available, he pulls out your chair and makes sure you are secure before standing to the side of the wooden table.

"Are you okay? I'll go get your drink, you just stay here okay?" he has gone before you could reply so you let out a large sigh and bury your head in your folded arms.

"Here you go (y/n)" he places a large white cup on the surface infront of you as the warmth from the liquid hits you

"Thankyou" you say as you raise your head up and give him a small smile

"Just call me over if you need me" he gives you a bigger smile back and walks back to his station, but looking back before arriving there.

You take a sip of your drink before feeling somebody's presence behind you and then walking past you to sit in the chair opposite you.

"Umm...hi..." Drew scratches the back of his neck with nervousness

You now your head, avoiding all eye contact. You go to speak but then you are interrupted when he speaks up first,

"Look (y/n), i know we didn't you protectio-"

"You" you interrupt him with a snappy comment causing him to flinch in guilt.

"...well ermm, it doesn't mean you are, you know, pregnant, I mean you just need to take a test" he makes the occasional eye contact but avoiding it when possible.

"Just take a test? well that's easy for you to say isn't it Drew? You don't know half of the things im dealing with right now and the fact that i could be carrying YOUR child does not make anything any better" emphasising the 'yours' to make sure he knows that you didn't what to sleep with him. He's hurt but that's what he deserves for taking advantage of you in the state you were in, he had no right to even touch you because he was supposed to be your friend.

"Can we atleast go to the doctors or can you take a test please? i know it's easy for me to say but I'm begging that you find out soon" The plead in his voice tears your heart, he sounds so worried and concerned that you see the side of Drew which you love and the side which you befriended.

"Fine, but you're going in to but the stick" you try to lighten the mood and the tenth on by playfully punching his buff chest through the thick leather jacket he was wearing, accompanied by black skinnies and a plain white tee. You see a genuine smile on his face as he waits for you to get up and leave, you do so quickly whilst grabbing your drink and exiting the small coffee shop with Drew following close behind.