Let Me Think

11 weeks

So the dance is this week, a week after Maya told me.

I'm still thinking about it. The jobs I applied for called me back, the one at the bookstore said they'd hire me. The bakery said I'd probably eat everything, which is probably true.

I start next week and I'm pretty excited. I haven't interviewed any other couples, but I think my mom found another one.

I should go to the dance, but I'm just worried about my kid and people might say. Plus I still quite some morning sickness. Lucas said he was going, but its easier for him, he doesn't have a child growing inside him.

Maya walks up to me in the school hallway. She hasn't left me alone, besides just now so she could get some food, she's still trying to get me to go to the dance.

"Any change of mind yet?" She asks way quirkier then her normal mood, somethings up. 

"Nope." I reply keeping my suspicions inside.

"I thought not." Maya grins and walks away leaving me dumbfounded on the spot.

Confused I walk in the direction she left. Farkle stops me.

"Hey Riley, would you go to the dance with me?" He asks.

"Farkle I can't, I don't think I'm even goi-"

"I thought not. Lucas your up." And with that Farkle leaves and Lucas walks up to me.

"Hey Riley." He says smiling.

"Uh hi...?" I reply still confused.

Lucas smiles. "Would you go to the dance with me?" He asks and I feel blush creep up onto my face.

"Let me think..." I reply smiling.

"Please?" He says his puppy dog eyes pleading with me.

"Fine, but there has to be a dress that fits me." I say.

"Sure thing, shopping tomorrow." And just like that Lucas walks away in the same direction the rest of my friends went.