Negative

"Your sure everything's okay?"

"Maya for the last time I'm just tired and I want to be alone." I state again. The bell had finally rung at the end of the school day and I was hoping for some air, but my best friend, Maya didn't think so.

"That's very un-Riley of you." She argues. I break into a grin even though it's pretty fake-y.

"Fine, go, I expect Riley fully charged for tomorrow. Don't let me down, Sunshine." She points her finger in my face then turn and stomps away from me.

Unfortunately for the world, I have a feeling Riley won't be back for awhile.

I sigh and walk out of the school and towards the nearest drugstore I can find.

I finally found one and walked inside. It wasn't the unicorn rainbow place I was expecting at all.

The lights flashed and the store was vacant except a clerk behind the cash register. It seemed like one of those scary movies Maya made me watch once.

Avoiding eye contact with the clerk and praying to the rainbow goddess that no one will snatch me up, I make my way over to the dreaded aisle. Yes I said rainbow goddess, believe what you will she's real!

On one side of the aisle there was candy, on the other, pregnancy tests. I was standing in the middle, on the thin line of happiness and guilt.

I was about to step on the guilt side when I hear the store door open and quickly lounge towards the candy.

A five year old and her mother walk past my aisle and I breathe out, relieved.

I'm about to move back over to the other side, but grab some chocolate bars before. Chocolate is a necessity.

I find myself shaking and I shut my eyes trying to get past what should be the easy part of this. I just had to grab one.

Okay, on three, I tell myself. 1....2.....3!

I open my eyes and grab three tests then book it out of the aisle and to the register.

The clerk looks at me funny, and I notice how many packages I grabbed, five. Oops.

"My MOM likes to be very certain." I say hoping she buys it. I just see her sigh and give me a pitying face then she rings them up and hands them back to me.

"There's bathrooms over there." She says pointing behind me. Well I guess she really didn't buy that at all. I sigh and walk over to the bathrooms. I can't take the tests anywhere else, and I really needed to get this over with.

I walk into the one person bathroom, thank the rainbow goddess for that, and read the instructions. I decided to do the three of the five tests and just throw out the other ones.

Here goes nothing.

---

There has not been any other moment in my life were I have felt this anxious.

I really don't want to look but I did at the same time. I called upon the rainbow goddess again for help, hopefully she answers my request; please let me not be pregnant.

Slowly I inched towards the counter and snatched the tests off them. I leaned against the wall and inched my way down to a sitting position.

One by one I looked at all three tests.

NEGATIVE POSITIVE NEGATIVE