Unexpected Kiss

Y/N's PoV

I woke up with a slight jolt as LB landed on the ground. I sat up straight and looked around me, an abandoned town seeming to surround me. Loader Bot stood up straight and I slipped off his back and onto the flat ground below me.

The buildings looked old and worn out city signs littered street. "Okay guys, let's find this Atlas facility and see if Fiona and Sasha show up to find it with us" Rhys announced.

I nodded and looked around for some kind of switch or something. We all looked in search of something that could reveal the building we were looking for. Rhys seemed to find a control console with wires and plugs and I walked to him, standing by his side.

"Need help?" I asked, hoping I could be some help. "Uh yeah, scan the area with your Echo eye" he said. I used my Echo eye, finding two more, one on the roof of a building and the other one across the way. "Thanks" he said and I smiled at him. I was ready to walk away, before Rhys reached out for me and grabbed my arm. "Wait... I... I need to talk to you."

I nodded, standing next to him and waiting for what he wanted to say. "Are you okay? You didn't look good back there when you fainted back there" Rhys said and I raised my brow. "But I always look good" I joked and Rhys rolled his eyes.

"You know that's not what I meant. You passed out and... I didn't know what happened. Did Jack have something to do with it?" Rhys asked and I shook my head. "No, of course not. I just... I need to figure out what happened on my own. I need to get checked out soon" I explained and Rhys nodded.

"Speaking of things to do with Jack, what the hell?! He was able to control me and we can both see him!" Rhys exclaimed. "I know. Where did he come from? Where did you find him?" I asked. "While you were with Zer0, I was with Fiona's crew and I had to get the data out of Nakiyama's ID chip. Turns out, he had been working on a Handsome AI. Me and you are still connected through our Echoes, so we can both see him... at least that's the conclusion I've come to" Rhys said.

I nodded, taking in all the information. Why would Nakiyama make and AI of the Jack? What was he made for?
"Okay. That seems to make sense, but for now, we just go with it. Jack hasn't hurt us yet, so we're okay" I said and Rhys nodded, seeming to trust me.

After we plugged in all the right wires, we all met in the middle. Below us, the ground started to shake and a whole building started to rise. In front of us, a whole facility unfolded in front of us and loomed over us. We all ran over to it with Loader bot kinda falling behind.
Sorry bro.

I was staring at it in awe and curiosity. I just wanted to run in and mess with everthing I could. "T-this is amazing" Rhys said with a smile looking at the building. Vaughn seemed to be speechless, looking up at the building in pure awe. "C'mon, we should go in and find whatever you need to-"
"Reece" a familiar voice behind us said. We all turned to see a group of bandits, all equipped with guns and weapons, August leading them.

Damnit.

(Time skip brought to you by Jack kissing himself in a mirror)

We all just waited inside the Atlas facility, surrounded by August's mercenaries who all had guns trained on us. August unsuccessfully tried to threaten us, but know Vaughn and Rhys, they weren't going to take his threats, along with LB, of course.

"Hey August, look what I found" a voice said from behind August.

It was Vasquez with...
Fiona and Sasha.

"How the hell do you keep finding us?!" Rhys asked, clearly annoyed. "Just lucky I guess" Vasquez said and shoved Fiona and Sasha in my direction. I caught them both and they gave me a look of discomfort. "Are you guys okay? What happened?" I asked. "Yeah. We're fine. We got the Caravan fixed up, but, you know, almost got killed. But we're... okay?" Fiona said and I nodded. They weren't exactly any better now they were in this situation.