Death

Death
noun
the action or fact of dying or being killed; the end of the life of a person or organism.

The neglected, rusty red Ford sped into the ravenous waves of the ocean. The sound of the car door's click as i
t locked filled my ears; that one sound causing the hairs on the back of my neck to rise. What is she doing? My thoughts cried. "Mom!" I hollered at the driver, "Please, let me out!" But, she ignored my pleads. I was the biggest mistake of her life; what better way to get rid of it than to drown it. The same way she had drowned her sorrows in a bottle of liquor. I looked at my mother's face, or could I even consider her a mother? No, she was like a stranger. I knew nothing about her. No emotion was plastered on her face, she just looked ahead at the waves that grew larger, and scarier, with each passing second. Suddenly, as the front of our car crashed with the waves of the ocean, I saw my life presented before me. The memory of my 5th birthday was the first moment that I saw. My mother and her boyfriend had locked me away in my room with a slice of greasy, leftover pizza; the two of them getting high in the living room while I had sat there and cried until my eyes were red and puffy. As the years passed, this became normal for me, and the tears no longer left my eyes. Once I had turned 12, I basically figured out how to survive on my own, which very much helped me considering my mom had turned into a sobbing, drunken mess after her boyfriend overdosed on drugs. Unfortunately, I didn't have school to look forward to. I had to teach myself everything; I had the internet to help me, though. At least I had that to turn to. Suddenly, I was thrown out of my thought-induced coma. My toes curled in the hot sand; my nose was greeted with the smell of salty water. I looked up to see my mother's Ford slowly sink into the welcoming arms of the ocean.