0_6

Bridges.

After the long meeting, the team and I all decided to grab lunch at Five Guys. Something quick and cheap instead of dining out upscale. Everyone else had already ordered and sat down, it was just me in line waiting for my order. It's crowded and I'm guessing everyone had the same idea to dine here.

"Initials DB!" The clerk announces. I look around to make sure no one claimed it. Once I didn't see a hand raised or any one walk towards the counter, I know it was mine. I excuse my self, grabbing my food and soda thanking the employers. As I made my way to the table, I see Lauren and the rest all the way on the other side of the restaurant. I shake my head as Deanda sits by herself, eating a fry here and there. Her IPad in front of her as always, probably working. No one has that much work in the world.

I walk through a maze of tables, approaching Deanda's. She looks up over her glasses, returning her eye sight back to the screen. I shake my head and take the device, closing it up. I put it in her purse as she takes her shades off and sighs.

"What are you doing?" She mumbles, breaking a piece of her sandwich and eating it. I take my food out my bag, raising both my brows.

"No person has that much work in the world." I tell her in an amusing scoff.

"Well I do." She snarls, taking the iPad out her bag. I snatch it out her hand and put it back in her purse, sitting it on the other side of me. She huffs in irritation, tugging at the ends of her high ponytail. It's clearly something behind this obsession of working, and I'm curious to know what it is. I bless my food and begin to eat, chewing the burger I craved for.

"What's up, why do you work so much?" I question. She shakes her head, nibbling on a fry.

"I don't wanna talk about it." She mumbles.

"Well I'm going to make you talk about it. Come on now wassup? You're attitude sucks, you don't talk to people and always on your iPad." I tell her as I sip on my Sprite. Deanda sits quiet, eating her food in silence. She's being stubborn but I'm not giving up on her just yet.

I continue to eat my food seeing Lauren approach the table. She sits Deanda's bag on the table and sits beside me. Deanda takes it with attitude, rolling her eyes while putting her shades back on. I wanted to laugh, but I clear my throat from even the slightest chuckle. The tension between them has been hectic since this morning's meeting.

"We're going sight seeing, you coming?" Lauren questions me. I look over at Deanda, shaking my head no.

"Nah, y'all go ahead." Lauren nods, rolling her eyes at Deanda as she stands to her feet. I don't know what's her problem, but her attitude just came out of no where last night. It still exist to. Deanda and I finish our food in complete silence, drinking our soda and throwing everything away when done.

We exit out to the busy cold streets of New York, walking the strip as we look at some places. It's silence between her and I, but you could hear the honking horns and cursing fill the air. We come across a designer store, and Denada walks in so I follow. She roams around the store, looking through her taste of designs for her size. I just sit back and watch, contemplating if I should go look for something myself.

"I'm going over here." I tell Deanda. She nods and I travel over to the men's section. I skim some sweater's and material of clothing shaking my head. I don't really see any thing I like.

"Darius." Deanda calls. I furrow my brows and follow her voice. She waves me over to the dressing room as she peeks from behind the curtain. I make my to where she is, standing awkwardly in front of the curtain.