Chapter 26

*Just imagine Circles playing in the background* I feel like the lyrics fit with this situation.

The funeral was silent. Full with fake sobs. No one accepted Johnny for who he was. Not even his parents. If I didn't have a homophobic family, Johnny would've been happy living his life. He would've been alive.
"We gather here today because the Rodriguez family lost someone very important today, Their son, Johnny Miguel Rodriguez, 24. He was successful, independent, hardworking, and loved. By all his family and friends. Now, a few words from his family." I let go of Tony's hand and went to stand next to my mom. My parents went first, but they said some bullshit. It was my turn. I cleared my throat,
"Johnny, he was special. He was always there for people who didn't even care for him." I glared at my parents. "If you would feel down he was there to cheer you up even though he was dying inside, himself. He will always be in my heart. I'll miss him.".....
Everyone all headed to my house for we can all remember Johnny. "Umm Tony you think you guys can wait in my car. I wanna say goodbye one last time."
"Yeah babe." Tony took my keys. "It's raining, so just go inside." They all nodded. I turned to look at his tomb. "I never thought I would ever see you like this. Anyways, I hope they play Twenty One Pilots up there in heaven, for you could learn all their songs, not just Ride and Stressed Out." I chuckled. "Fuck. You're actually gone. I can't believe it. I'm going to miss you so much. I'll never ever forget you. I promise." I wiped the tears away and headed to my car.
My brother is gone. I'm not going to give up, for him. He said he'll never leave my side and I'll never leave his. We had some amazing times together, but now they're all just memories. Memories that will stay with me forever. They will never be forgotten. He will never be forgotten. I love you brother.