4. The In-Between

Savannah

"Uh, no offense dude, but WTH?  I have absolutely no idea who you are, or where I might be.  So if you could enlighten me, that'll very much improve my souring mood to umm, let's see?  An inch or so." Alanna remarked while placing her left hand on her chin in mock consideration, Christopher still kneeling before her.  To be completely honest, Christopher looked like someone straight out of a Divergent novel, with black attire and a gaze that expressed smiling is rare for him. 

"Forgive me, Alanna, of course you don't remember.  Come along, little one." Christopher said with a wry glint in his eye like he was just handed an intriguing puzzle.  Braiden and Lucien kept stride as they all stepped near the glass double-doors, prying them open.  Just when Alanna peeked her head out in case danger lurked, this piercing shooting/crackling sound echoed off the red-gold walls, like fireworks on the Fourth of July.  Then an honest-to-goodness arrow almost sliced her arm clean off.  Alanna demon-sped out the door fully and, finding the culprit, rounded on him in a maddening rush.  The blond-haired guy stares at Alanna, a cheeky smile lightens his features;  and that bow laying on the circled table must've been what nearly struck her.  

"Excuse me?  Do you have any idea who I am?! You could've killed me, idiot!" She raged, more pissed off than I'd ever witnessed.  To this man's credit, he appeared unaffected by Alanna's outburst.  In fact, he looks greatly amused, which caused Alana's pause.  "Don't be a drama queen, sweets.  I couldn't have killed you even if I wanted to," this peculiar individual tapped his head, as if educating Alanna on how her brain works.  "By the way," he stands up from the table, revealing his red blazer and brown pants.  "I'm Ryder Hopkins.  Welcome to The in-Between, sweets." Ryder says as he struts away, chuckling.