Lace

I was in my room, sat on my batman sheets i've had since i was seven. I had grabbed my laptop from my desk and opened it. I clicked on the google icon and typed in 'tumblr', on the browser, clicking on the recent page, which was the main page, already logged in. Scrolling rapidly, and giggling at unoriginal memes, i stumbled upon an adorable kitten. It's fur was a soft white pastel color, it's nose was small, petite and pink, and it's eyes were a moca color. It was so unbearably cute. After staring at it for a solid five minutes, i gave the pic a 'note' and followed the page which uploaded the pic. I refreshed the page and saw a ton of pics of cats and kittens, soft pastel colored fur and little bells, and ribbons. Everything was so cute and i couldn't help but follow the pages and give 'kudos' to every single pic i saw.

How did i go from Shrek memes, to whatever the fuck this was?

Did i have a kink?

No, no, no, no. A kink is an unusual sexual preference, according to google, i think, this isn't that, i just really like cats and fur, and pastel colors, and maybe ribbons, maybe.

I closed the lid and got off my bed, placing my laptop on the desk.

I paced around my room for a while and started observing everything i had, from the posters that covered the walls, to the book shelves, which were filled with comics, ranging from Captain Zero to Cat Woman, Don't ask.

Everything was dark, the palette was literally different shades of black, red and a hint of brown, minus the band posters and comics. This was so weird. I was supposed to be over this phase when i was 15.

Before i started having an mental breakdown, accompanied by weird 'pingu' noises, cough, "noot noot". I heard my mom calling me from downstairs, stating that food was ready. I ran downstairs, almost breaking my neck on the stairs and got to the dinner table.

There was no dinner. Why do you do these things, mother.

I rolled my eyes and sulked to the kitchen, eyeing my mom weirdly. She noticed and giggled, covering her mouth with a hand, the other, closing the oven door.

"What'cha makin'?" I asked stepping closer to the oven. "Nothing!" She answered rapidly, in giggles, my mom giggles, a lot, and leaned against the counter, struggling to untie her apron from the back. I sighed and walked over to her, she beamed warmly at me and turned, back facing me. I quickly wrapped my arms around her waist and started tickling her stomach and sides. She was laughing adorably, i loved seeing her like this, so warm and happy, her little apple cheeks red, with laughter. She immediately escaped my grasp and ran out the kitchen, smiling.

I took the opportunity to look at what she has been cooking, and got near the oven, crouching down. A familiar smell hit my senses and i hummed, taking in the delicious scent.

She was making my favorite pumpkin pie, god, i loved her so much. I just wanted to wrap in her in a blanket burrito with me and drink tea and eat pumpkin shaped cookies, just to see her giggle and smile.

"Mom" I slurred and walked out the kitchen, she was wiping the table with a wet cloth.

Where did she get a wet cloth, i didn't even see her gra-, nevermind.

"Yes, honey?" She asked and started humming a tune from The Nightmare Before Christmas, she had an obsession with that movie, she knew all the songs and characters, and has probably owned all merchandise related to that movie, i wasn't complaining.