Chapter 6

Amethyst and Declan reached home at 2:00 am after the previous night. They hung out with some people they met at the bar for the rest of the night. They all got to know each other, exchanged numbers, and promised to hang out sometime.  

Declan and Amethyst were on their way to school when Amethyst's phone suddenly blared, startling her and making both of them wince due to the loud noise as they both were nursing major hangovers. The group had forced them to take a couple more drinks. A couple turned into a lot and before they knew it, they were hammered.

Amethyst answered her phone without checking the caller id.

"Yes?", she answered, snappily.

"Damn. Who pissed in your cereal this morning?", replied the distinct voice of her best friend.

"Jokes on you. I had bacon. I'm just hungover", replied Amethyst, trying not to direct her irritation towards him. 

"You got drunk without me?!", asked Asher, incredulously.

"Please tone down your voice", Amethyst pleaded, while shutting her eyes tightly.

"Oh, hell no! You had the audacity to go out and get drunk without me?! You little shit. Just reach school quickly. You need some serious ass whooping", replied Asher who then proceeded to cut the phone.

Amethyst sighed, rubbing her temples. Declan turned to her with an amused smile as he had heard the end.

"Asher?"

"Asher"

He nodded understandingly. They reached the school and he parked in Amethyst's parking spot. Almost the whole school population was at the entrance of the school and turned to see a foreign car park in their queen's parking. They were all confused as the only other person allowed to park there was the school's heart-throb, Asher Jones. They waited with bated breath. Declan caught on to the attention he was garnering and smirked at Amethyst before opening his car door dramatically. He got out of the car and stood next to it while 'sexily' running his hand through his hair and took out his glasses and winked at a couple of girls who were near him. Amethyst could practically hear them sighing and internally screaming. She rolled her eyes and got out of the car, less dramatically.

 She rolled her eyes and got out of the car, less dramatically

Declan walked around in front of the car, toward Amethyst. He put his arm around Amethyst and jokingly kissed her cheek to create a reaction in the ever-so-watchful crowd.

Dispersed gasps were heard within the crowd. She rolled her eyes and pushed Declan away, making him laugh.

"Did you really have to do that?", Amethyst asked while they walked to the entrance of the school.

"Of course I did. I find their reactions quite entertaining. I am guessing that you are their 'queen bee'?", he asked while using air quotes on the word queen bee.

Amethyst made a disgusted face and scoffed at the word. He started laughing out loud at her expression. Asher suddenly appeared out of nowhere, eyeing Declan interestingly before turning to Amethyst with an accusatory expression.

On seeing that expression, Amethyst put her hand up in surrender.

"I swear to god, I didn't mean to get drunk. This idiot forced me.", she said while pointing at Declan who immediately stopped laughing and glared at her.

"Oh sure. Throw me under the bus", Declan replied sarcastically while rolling his eyes.

Asher's eyes seem to light up a bit after hearing Declan's cute Irish accent.

"And you are?", Asher asked, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow.

"Nice to finally meet you, Asher. My name is Declan Byrne. Thystle has told me a lot about you. And it was not her fault. I did ask her to come and I wouldn't take no for an answer.", he said while flashing his biggest smile, easing in a bit of his charm. 

Asher was practically putty in Declan's hands.

"Oh, that's okay then. Why don't I show you around?", asked Asher, smiling flirtatiously.

Asher knew he was straight but doesn't mean that he can't have fun and Declan knew that as well so he agreed and they walked off, leaving Amethyst behind.

She was standing there quite confused but amused. She shook her head and went to push open the school doors when a tanned hand did it for her. She looked to her side and saw Darren.

She gulped as butterflies erupted in her stomach and quietly thanked him.

They walked in together. Amethyst held her head up and walked down the halls. She smiled at whoever smiled at her and stopped whenever someone talked to her. Darren was beside her the whole time. They finally reached her locker. She was pulling out her books when she asked him without looking at him, "What can I do for you?"

"Why do you think I want something?"

"Why else would you follow me?"

"Come on love, I was just keeping you company."

Amethyst paused at that reply and replied cooly, "Thanks but I don't need it." 

"So that means I can't walk you to class?"

She turned to him to deny his request but he pouted, enlarging his eyes as though he was trying to resemble a puppy. 

She grumbled. Jokingly she retorted, "Drat, you found my weakness." He grinned impishly at her and wiggled his brows. She chuckled and nodded her head, indicating he can walk her to class. They were walking to English class when he spoke up.

"So, my friends and I are free today and we have no clue what to do. Any suggestions?"

"Well, Declan, Asher and I were probably going to hang out after school if you guys want to join"

"Declan?"

"Yeah, I'm staying with him right now so we'd probably do something at the house." The thought didn't cross her mind that he didn't know who Declan was. Declan had weirdly fit into her life so well that it escaped her no one knew who he was or their relation. 

She barely had a chance to explain when the bell rang, indicating she didn't have enough time so threw him a grimace, hastily apologized and told him to meet her outside after school with rest, and ran to class.