Chapter 7

Sorry about the weird time skip 

It has been two weeks and Amethyst, Declan, Asher, Darren, Forrest, Caleb, and Caden had all grown quite close and hung out every day in the cafeteria and sometimes after school. 

Declan settled in well and being the gorgeous guy that he was and close friends with Amethyst, he instantly became popular in the school. Girls were after him and guys envied him. He always made jokes in class and seemed laid-back and girls fawned over him, but he kept to himself outside class and was always with his friends. Everyone in school suspected something between Amethyst and Declan but rumours were almost always false, and they died down after a while, seeing as they acted like best friends rather than lovers. Though there were some questionable times where people weren't sure. They seemed eerily close, almost closer than her and Asher. 

Amethyst was sitting at her usual table with Asher and Declan in the cafeteria. Darren and his gang had joined them 5 minutes after lunch started. People were still staring at them but they didn't seem bothered as they were all laughing out loud at something Declan said about Amethyst when she was young, while she sat with her arms crossed, pouting.

She interrupted Declan, not letting him finish his story, and said, "One more word and I will rip you a new one."

Declan stopped immediately and widened his eyes and turned to her. He imitated zipping his lips while the guys laughed harder.

She narrowed her eyes and the rest slowly stopped laughing.

"Oh, don't be such a party pooper.", Asher said while rolling his eyes.

"Whatever. I have some stories of you, care to say anything more?", she asked Asher, smirking mischievously.

Asher put his hands up in surrender. "Alright alright, you got me. Anyways, let's all do something fun today after school. Like maybe the beach? Or...", he trailed off, indicating someone to input any ideas.

Caden spoke up, "We heard that there is a street racing place an hour from the city and that it's pretty dope. Interested?"

Darren and Forrest stilled. Caleb subtly and slightly elbowed Caden but Caden being Caden, exaggeratedly yelped and glared at his brother.

Amethyst, Declan, and Asher looked at the four of them, confused.

Forrest said, "Nah. The tracks are too dangerous, and it probably isn't that popular here. Right, Caden?", he said and pointedly glared at Caden.

"Well, it is pretty popular here actually. A lot of people talk about it. We should totally go. It would be a cool experience." Asher said, perking up, taking the attention away from Caden.

Amethyst was unsure as Forrest did mention that it was dangerous and it sure did sound so but her parents weren't even in the country and she wants to take full grasp of her new and exciting freedom. She wanted to do more things that slightly scared her, to force her out of her comfort zone and experience new things.

"Sounds fun. We should go.", Amethyst said while everyone nodded. Forrest and Darren didn't seem keen on the idea but, didn't protest.

The bell rung.

They all stood up, collecting their things and split up, saying goodbye and headed to their respective classes.

After school ended, the group gathered at the entrance of the school except they were missing one. Darren.