All Eyes||Chapter Six

I was so fucking angry at every fucking thing that breathed.

All I could see was red. Crimson red floating everywhere in front of my eyes. I clenched my fists around my baseball bat, walking with steady steps towards his car.

The black roofless Porch was the first thing my eyes landed on as soon as I stepped foot in the garage.

I felt my fists tighten around the bat, my stomach going in a chaotic mess and I heard my jaw tick.

Just the sight of his car made me want to rip his being into shreds. I jogged over to his car.
And I didn't care if I looked like a complete psycho breaking in the garage of my father in the middle of the night wearing my pyjamas, a baseball bat in hand.

Because I was a psycho.

And I remember every hit I blew to the damn car, every piece I dented with my bat and every cracking sound I caused.

He made her cry.

No one makes her cry......

No one.

I puffed out the smoke, watching a cloud of unsaid fears and nightmares swirl around my head and vanish slowly with the blowing wind.

I sat on the curb a few miles away from the school's parking lot, smoking and watching as kids took their cars and drove away or sat on their car hoods talking and laughing.

I skipped school today.

I watched from my seat the cars exiting the parking lot, my eyes landing on a porch. I almost ran over to it and beat the crap out of the one driving it.

When I remembered it wasn't dad's car. I just never took my pills.

I lied to my grandmother.

I tugged at the sleeves of my loose sweatshirt, pulling them down my palms and hiding Darcy's wristbands in the process. Her necklace felt like it was choking me.

Wrapped around my neck like a rope someone would use to hang themselves.

I blinked a few times, rubbing my eyes with my freezing palms.

A pair of light brown eyes was all I saw.

I felt my jaw sag, my palms sweat and the cigarette fell from between my finger grip. I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat, my eyes staring ahead at a pair of mesmerising ones.

I was paralyzed.

And I wasn't exaggerating the least bit, because I couldn't even move a single muscle.

Not a single one.

She smiled up at me and walked away, stealing my breath with her.

Then I was met by another pair of shocking blue ones and I held in another breath.

I knew by this point I was hyperventilating.

The necklace felt tighter around my neck.

I breathed in a shaky breath pulling my legs up to my chin and hugging them close to my chest. I rocked back and forth on the curb my breathing so unsteady and shaky. I tried to focus on anything, but her eyes seemed to come out of nowhere almost as if haunting me.

Choking me.

My mind was running wild and I couldn't breath. My chest raising and falling at a crazy pace, my lungs searching desperately for air.

And after what seemed like hours, no years. I finally caught control of my breathings. I took in a shaky breath, releasing my tight grip from around myself, letting my legs stretch out in front of me. Sighing, I rubbed my hands across my face, wiping away the tears that slipped during my hyperventilation.

And then I noticed Nate Cornwell's figure leaning against his car and looking down at me with wide, worried hazel eyes. His arms crossed over his chest, a beer can in hand.

Just how a dropout would look like.

He sighed, and I wonder how long he has been standing here, which by the look on his face was enough to know I never took my pills.

I watched as he took a huge gulp out of his can, his shaved jaw clenched as he swallowed down the liquid. He then looked down at me once again, his eyes a little glazed, making me wonder how much he had to drink because I knew for a fact he wasn't a light weight at all. Far from it.

Nate ran his fingers through his messed hair, getting some strands out of his eyes. He leaned back against his car's door and chugged down the rest of his can before tossing it in the air. I watched as it hit the trash can but never fell inside it. Which for Nate, was something that least mattered as he tore open his car door and got inside the driver's seat.

And I don't know what got inside me but I found myself getting up and opening his door.

I glared down at him while he watched me with wide, caution eyes.

I sighed, he probably thought I was about to kill him. While all I really wanted to was, spare his life for him.

I can't let anybody else die because of what I do.

More like what I don't do.

"You're drunk," I mumbled. It was barely audible. However I know he heard me. I watched his brows raising and a grin plaster across his pale lips. His lightly tanned skin glowed up at me, as he got out of the driver seat, still smiling. His eyes were watery, and I didn't want to wonder what was the reason before I got in the driver seat and turned on the engine, driving him back to his place.

I watched him from the corner of me eye, and he was still smiling. From experience, I knew Nate was a quiet drunk. He would rarely speak, he wasn't really in need for words when his facial expression gave him away.

My nostrils were filled with the scent of cologne and alcohol. He was quite the drinker.

I sighed as I parked in front of his apartment complex. Nate wasn't that loaded at all, but compared to what I had, he was a billionaire. I cut down the engine, watching his shiny face turn and meet my dead one with a bright, drunken smile.

"Man where have you been!" he almost yelled, slapping a loving hand across my back, and I couldn't hold back the chuckle that escaped my throat rolling my eyes at him.

The thing about drunken Nate was, that he treats me the same way he used to years ago, like the almost normal me back then.

Not like I am a psycho.

When he treats me like a psycho it feels so much different then when anybody else does.

I don't exactly know why, maybe because he was an actual friend before I got this messed up. He used to know me when  I was as normal as I could get. However, anybody else can treat me like a psycho and I wouldn't mind.

They don't know me like he does.

Like she did.

And persuaded that he won't remember anything I mumbled:

"Around," I smiled at his smile, and we stayed inside his car for hours. And I listened to him ramble on and about mindless things, which was so unusual for his drunken self, but I let him talk anyway.

And I felt alive in what seemed like a lifetime.

*********************
A/N
I don't know how I feel about this chapter but I hope some of you liked it.
And side note: I really like Nate. Anyway I hope you are enjoying this as much as I am.
Your opinion matters to me
☆MariaM