All Eyes||Chapter Eight

"Hey Darcy," I whispered, watching Oliver chase after a blue butterfly that fluttered it's wings faster with each passing second, trying to escape Oliver's flying paws.

It was surprisingly, a nice day.

The sun beaming down on the cemetery like a smiling mother staring down lovingly at her children. The wind was still cold , but not as icy as the last few days.

I don't usually visit Darcy's grave at day.

But I had to see her.

The necklace was as cold as ice around my neck.

I stared down at the gravestone, sighing and taking a seat in front of it. My legs stretched out across the long grass and I wondered if there was anyone that took care of this green looking cemetery.

I rested down three yellow flowers next to the few ones gran and I occasionally left for her.

And I stared down at them suddenly feeling furious.

I hate yellow.

I hate my parents.

I hate myself...

I sighed, rubbing my forever cold palms across my face, hunching my back forward and feeling the small thud of the cross splendid against my chest.

Oliver wandered off towards her gravestone and started rolling on his back, meowing as he pawed up at the air. And I listened to his grunting and incoherent grumbling.

And I could hear Darcy's light laugh, seeing her delicate fingers stroke Oliver's fur tenderly.

Her smile was all I saw, cherry and wide as ever.

I started rubbing my eyes. Hard. Trying as hard as I can to erase her smile off my mind.

Her laugh.

Her eyes.

Oliver sat himself down in my laps, pawing at my black jeans and making himself comfortable across my legs. Blinking with his wide green eyes that stared up at me and I wondered what he saw.

A monster, probably.

Or just a broken soul that desperately needs a second chance.

"Remember that time you dragged me out with you in the rain and I-" I sighed and lit the cigarette dangling from between my lips, recalling the memory vividly.

"And we started dancing in the rain and you started to jump in the muddy puddles until our rain boots were filled with rain." I  let out a forced laugh, and I could hear her laugh.

I ignored the messy knot that formed in my gut, swallowing hard I said:

"And we ended up catching a cold, and I am sorry I made fun of how your nose looked so red or how your eyes looked so puffy, you knew I was kidding right?"
I chocked out, my breath getting caught in my throat. The memories floating around my mind like the foam would float on the surface of the beach after a huge wave came crashing against the shore.

I could feel eyes on me and I looked up, meeting a pair of shocking blue eyes that stared back at me with so much intensity that I had to look away.

I took another drag.

But I kept it inside my chest as long as I could.

I heard the grass squish beside me. And I puffed out the smoke I was holding inside my chest, watching the cloud of grey smoke twirl above my head like a series of bad ideas and dead dreams.

Clouding today's clear sky in the process.

And I wondered what would it rain if the clouds were actually cigarette's smoke?

I don't think I will ever find out.

"Hello Christopher," her voice filled my ears, like warm nights and hot drinks and I felt goosebumps rise up my skin. Chilling me.

Filling me with life.

I nodded my head half heartedly, too shaken up to ignore her voice. Oliver walked over to Oriana's sitting figure beside mine, snuggling to her legs and purring as he clung to the fabric of her sweater.

That little-

Her giggles made my eyes shoot up at her, but she wasn't looking up at me.

She was stroking Oliver's back, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips as she looked down at him with laughing eyes.

Her fingers as delicate as flower petals on a spring morning, her eyes shinny and her skin a snow white.

Her lip ring as twinkly as the stars.

Her lips as cherry as red wine.

Her smile as toxic as alcohol.

A gust of wind blew by, ruffling my hair and hers, messing it up a little.

And I watched her rack her long fingers through it, trying to push out the brownish reddish strands out of her eyes.

The necklace felt as light as a feather, touching my skin.

And I watched as she raised her eyes, meeting mine half way and a wide smile made its presence across her face.

Her lip ring in the middle of her wide lower lip, smiling back at me.

And I don't know what keeps happening to me when I am around her, but I smiled back.

I grinned back.

And I listened at Oliver's purring, Darcy's grave watching me as I kept on smiling at Oriana's happy eyes.

But she wasn't  there.

Her blue eyes weren't blue and her hands weren't snow white.

Instead, I was met by a pair of light brown eyes.

And giggling filled my ears.

***********************
A/N

I hope there isn't much confusion, but if there is. It's totally okay because Christopher is as confused about what he is seeing at the moment. Remember he never took his medication so he's in a confused and messed state.
I hope you're enjoying where the story is going so far and I promise there would be action soon, I am just setting the necessary things that's needed to put the characters in action mode.
Wow that's the longest author note I have ever written.
Your opinion matters to me.
☆MariaM