chapter three

Michael heard an alarm clock go off, and as he groggily woke up he was a bit confused as he doesn't remember setting one. Stretching a little bit, he rolled over and fell off the bed, which caused him to shoot up with wide eyes open. Suspiciously, Michael looked around the room and noticed all the old band posters that he threw out years ago, and blink 182 was playing as his alarm noise. He remembers having this song to wake him up quickly, and now he hates it. Michael stood up, rubbing his eyes slightly and quickly turned the alarm off, thankful that First Date is no longer blasting his ear drums. It makes him cringe just thinking of it.

"Michael? Are you okay?" Mrs. Clifford spoke up, which made Michael suddenly shoot his attention to the door. "Uh-Uhm, yeah, everything's fine mum!" Michael said quickly, a bit too quickly, and ran to the small (and lack of space) bathroom that is connected to his bedroom. Turning to the mirror, Michael pulled at the pieces of his colour-less, dirty blonde hair and felt it being thicker than what he is used to.

The emo fringe is back.

Michael groaned, frustration and confusion flowing through his body. "You sure? You're making a lot of noise." Mrs. Clifford stated while her head poked through the door. "Oh my god, Mum! What if I was naked? Get out." Michael said, pointing at the wooden door with the 'knock' sign on it. "Alright, alright, sorry. Nothing I haven't seen before though!" his mum sang a little bit, as she walked out his room. Michael felt like physically being sick, from the situation he is currently in and from what his mum just said. "Breakfast in ten!" the now fifteen year old boy heard, and he hurriedly hopped in the shower, doing a routine he did for many years.

He quickly grabbed his uniform and rushed it on, hopping along his bedroom trying to get to his sock drawer with half his leg through his long, black, trousers. He quickly brushed his teeth while being yelled at to stop banging. "Sorry, mum!" he replied, as he grabbed his phone off charge and grabbed his bag while walking downstairs.

"What's got you in a good mood?" Mrs. Clifford asked while dishing up some eggs on the side of his buttered toast. "Huh? What do you mean?" Michael asked, a bit confused by what she meant as he hasn't really had time to think about how he feels with the suddenly changing with time. "You only call me mum when you're happy." she stated, smiling a bit as she passed Michael the plate and a glass of orange juice. He murmured a thank you as he shrugged in reply of what she said, quickly eating his breakfast and grabbing his shoes.

"I love you but I've got school to attend, see you later." He said, quickly kissing his mums cheek and jogging out the front door. He expected Calum to be outside, remembering how they walked to school together but realised he was nowhere in site. Sighing but feeling thankful he had some alone time, he began the ten-minute walk to his high school.

The boy was a bit confused on the situation. He doesn't know the year, month, day, or anything. As he tried to figure it out, he grabbed his phone from his pocket as realisation dawned on him that he can tell the date from that. "2010?" Michael questioned out loud, receiving an odd glance from a lady walking beside him. He smiled slightly and carried on walking. He discovered it's February, meaning school started a month ago. He began to panic, not remembering his schedule. Maybe I can go to the office and ask for it to be printed? He thought, and settled on the plan. He can barely remember how the school is set out. He just remembers his locker number being 666. He chuckled at the memory and turned right.

The school was in site, and he began walking towards it after pausing for a moment. He shudders at all the memories here, the boy will at least have a second chance at things he messed up on. He remembers them clearly, like getting suspended for 'accidentally' tripping Ms. Kraw up, or for burping while making out with a girl. Michaels experience in high school was definitely and mainly awkward.

As he walked through the entrance, he noticed his best friend Luke. "Hey Luke!" Michael raised his hand as he spoke loudly, but then suddenly cursed as he realised they aren't friends. Aliesha was hanging around his neck, kissing his cheek as Luke stared at Michael. "Sorry, who are you?" he asked, smirking at Michael. Although Michael remembers not wishing fame, he seemed to have forgotten he would have lost his brothers with that wish as well.

"N-nothing, er, no one. Never mind." Michael stuttered slightly, as he shook his head and carried on walking. He forgot how cruel he used to be. They're only fifteen or sixteen, how are they so cruel? It's not like Luke doesn't know who he is, they're always in detention together.

Michael looked back at the it gang, the dickheads (which Michael is sure the only reason the girls are popular because they like to suck dícks heads), the chick clique (because at this point, Michael still sees Luke as a girl along with the rest of his crew), or Michael's personal favourite name for them, F.A.B is what many people call them which is short for the three girls in the group (Fawn, Aliesha, Britney), but Michael likes to use that name as Fúcking Ánal Blunts. Michael came up with that name while he was high, hence the reason 'blunt' is used.

He felt the dickheads (Michael settled on calling the group that name for now) stare him down as he entered the school building, turning right to go to his locker. He punched in the code 1986, which he has for the year Green Day became a band. As he opened it up, he noticed his schedule hanging on the locker. "Thank God." he muttered, as he got his books for his first lesson, English. He wanted to skip school already.

As he slammed his locker and walked down the hallway, he turned left as he remembered where the English room was quite well because of all the detentions he had. As he passed the first English room, he turned his attention to two lads on the left. Ashton and Calum? Ashton didn't even go to this school. Michael thought, getting suspicious of the whole thing already.

He wished fame never happened, correct, but he didn't want this to happen. Ashton's school wasn't even close to this one, and a confused look was planted on Michael's face.