Chapter 4

Casie

It was a sunny day out in L.A today and everything seemed normal.

But it wasn't. I was still being accussed of a murder. 4 days had passed since that day I was questioned and I haven't heard of anyone since then.

I was kind of worried about the whole thing. I was scared for my life.. I had some feeling that'd I'd be in prison for something I really didn't do.

Why would someone do this to me?

I let out a small groan as I poured some coffee into my black mug. After that I made my way to the living room and slugged into the couch. The feeling of loneliness isn't a good feeling at all and I hated it. I just wanted my husband to reappear and everything to be back to normal. But it wouldn't be..

The red numbers that were coming from my home phone caught my eye from the wooden table across from me. It  indicated that I had voicemails.

I went to go check them.

" You have 4 unheard messages, the following messages have not been heard. First unheard message... "

" Yo Casie, it's been five days since you've called. " , a deep muscular voice came through the box. I recognized it as one of my close friends, Keion.  " Don't have me worrying! Call me asap, we still  have to celebrate on your promotion. " 

" End of message. Press 1 to continue. "

The next two voicemails were from my mother in law and from my little sister, Key'ova. They both were congratulating me on my promotion. MaDukes was gonna go crazy when she finds out her son was murdered and I'm to blame for. He was a big mama's boy and told her everything about everything.

Heavy warm tears fell from my eyes as I listened to them. My heart was hurting.

How could my life change so fast?

If I wanted to get myself out of this, I had to be strong. Whipping the tears from my face was only the beginning.

" End of message. Press 1 to continue. "

I pressed one, hoping it would be no more bad news.

" This is Bank of America. We've called to inform you that you have emptied out your bankings account and cancelled it on April 18, 2013 at 6 p.m. Your records have been removed from our system.Thank you, have a nice day. "

The message made me choke. I did everything in my power not to cry again but I couldnt help it. Tears were running down my face like a waterfall. My breathing got heavy. I felt like I was about to have a heart attack. I told myself to calm down and think straight...

What day is it?

I looked at the calender on the wall next to me.. it was April 22, 2013.

Without thinking about anything else. I sprung to the kitchen counter to retrieve the number on the white piece of paper in my view.

I ran back to my phone and rapidly dailed the number. 

" Speak. " , the man said.

" Listen I have something to talk to you about. Can you please be here at my house in 20 mins? "

" Mrs. Casie " , Detective Johnson lowered his voice. " I was just about to call you. Listen I'm leaving this meeting right now but I can come less than 10 mins. Is that fine? "

" Yes, thank you. " , I said in relief.

" No problem. "

~