Chapter 6

Casie

~ 3 days later

"Ms.Casie " , the Judge said.

My body responded by standing up. I tightened up my suit jacket and fixed my eyes on the Judge. The suspense was heavy.

" As you can see, the defendant has pleaded their case. Since you've pleaded innocent, we allowed the jury to hear both sides of the case. They have finally reached a decision. Jury..."

I took a deep breathe as my heart raced like a speeding car. Although I was terribly frightened of what the jury was about to say; you couldn't even see it in my face .

My attention was now on them; All seven. My life rested in their hand. A looking Chinese man finally stood up after what felt like forever. He looked at the me, at the judge, then back at me. Then he smiled at me, so I smiled back.

All in the same moment, the words " guilty " escaped his lips.

My last smile turned into my last cry as I was now strapped in a very familiar but unfamilar chair. Volts of electricity rushed through my body and into my skull, causing me to breathe my last breath.

~

" Casie.. " , I heard a familiar voice say, but I at the moment I couldn't speak. My body just allowed me to sip on my Frappe and daze off around the busy outside Starbucks.

" Casie... Casie, what the fuck. "

" What? " , I yelled at my bestfriend, Kieon for shaking me out of my trance.

" Girl you better lower your voice before I pour that Frappe down your shirt 'cause them tits sure need some calming down. " he smirked, which made his dimples pop out extremely.

I couldn't help but laugh. " Shutup white boy . I'm not upset though ... I'm just scared. I can't stop thinking about that dream I had. It felt so real. "

He slid the plastic white chair next to mine and twisted the big umbrella that hung above our table to shine the sun away.

" Cay look at me... " I looked. Our eyes immediately interlocked. My stare couldn't escape away from his grey eyes.

" Honestly, I don't know what to say about this situation but we all know that it's totally fucked up. Everyone knows you're a sweet girl, you're beautiful, and beyond intelligent. "

Keion always knows make me feel so special and warm inside. He's always been here for me since 9th grade when I was bullied for how ugly I was. A guy pretended to like me just because I had a big ass for my age. He only wanted one thing but before he got it Keion -being my next door neighborhood at the time, busted in my room and beat his ass. I knew that he wanted that only, but he threatened to break up with me and beat my ass. And I didn't want to be ugly and lonely; considering all my friends had a boyfriend.

" Th-this is my last day here. " , I shed some tears as he rubbed my back, not taking his eyes off me.

" I'm going to do my utter most best for you to get out of this. Remember I'm one of the best detectives here in L.A. "

That kind of calmed me down. If anything, Kieon was the best person to keep his word too.

Johnson

" I wonder what this card means. " , I lifted the card up in the air, trying to find a clue of some sort. I leaned back in my chair, in my office, still holding the card up.

It was a regular sized card but it was different. The only thing on it was a gold imprint of a lion's paw. On the pack was some scanning lines.

That same day at the bank, I went to go see the Banker named Luna Walker. She seemed pretty intense, it was quite suspicious.

Without giving away my cover, I asked her where was she on April 18. She told me that she was doing her usual shift at the bank. I then asked her if she recalled any unordinary customer. She was silence at first but then shook her head no. She came off scared, and quickly asked me if I wanted something to drink to get rid of the awkwardness. I noded my head yes.

I watched as the 5'5, 30 years old woman walk into her kitchen. She had medium length red hair that hung to the tip of her shoulder. The wrinkles in her cheeks made her appear older and she looked stressed.

While she was fixing the drinks. I scurried around her living room a little. Quietly moving to the small wood dresser by the door, I opened it. Without even searching I found a card that looked just like the one the guy showed her on April 8. Putting it in my pocket quickly, I would analyze it and hope it would lead me to this guy. He was somehow connected to case. She didn't even realize I took it.

There was a knock at my office door, knocking me out of my thoughts.

" Come in. " , I yelled.

My partner detective Scott came in with a full blown smile on his face. " One more day! One more day, til this case ends. "

I watched him as he took the seat in front of my desk. " Yeah I know. " , I sighed. " But it aint over til I say it is. " He gave me a brutal look. " You might as well give it up Johnson. There's no leads to her being innocent. You're wasting your time. "

" Why are you so anxious of making her look like the bad guy. I know there's a way and you act like you don't give a rats ass. " , I tried to lower my voice because by the look in his face I could tell I was yelling.

" Whatever. Its obvious. " , he became angry. " The evidence is right there you must like this woman, dude stop trying to find love and be professional here you can't love her, she's a murder " , he yelled back without ending a sentence.

I couldnt respond back because hes face expression changed my whole mood. As he looked down on my desk, his eyes all of a sudden got wide as he saw the card like it was a snake.

" Where did you get that from? "