Chapter 3

Christopher Scott

The room was completely silent. The only sound you could hear was the sound of the beams from the ceiling lights above us. That.. and AC, as the cool air flowed in the room.

" Mrs.Lockhart, are you ok? " , I asked to break the silence.

She hadn't spoken. Her lips trembled as she stared at the ground.

For a second I felt bad. My gut told me she had no part in this but we really didn't have any evidence besides..

" This is insane.. " , she finally spoke in a soft tone.

The tone in here voice kind of creeped me out. It was like she wanted to scream and cuss and shout but she maintained coolness.

" Why do you say that? " I asked. I really wanted to know what she was thinking, what she was feeling.

She sat up more in her seat from being slumped down. The gaze in her as eyes as she looked up at me, made me feel empathy for her.

Was she afraid that she got caught or did she really not do this?

Evidence said Yes.

She said No.

" I didn't kill my husband Sir.. I didn't kill him. " I watched as she shook her head slowly as she spoke. " Why would I kill him? Why? I'd have nothing to gain from that."

" So where is your husband? "

" I-I don't know. " , she stuttered.

" I need to know this Casie! Just think about it.. think about last night. "

She started to shake. She held her hands together as she rocked back and forth.

" Where.. is ..he? " , I asked, slowly.

" I said I don't fucking know! " , she yelled back. From this, she started crying louder as she repeatedly said she didn't know.

" Now calm down .. I'm here to help. I can't help you unless you help yourself then me. Now I'm not saying you killed him but you have to understand you were the only one on the scene.. " I explained.

I stared at her. This woman had to be in her mid 20's, 25 to be exact. She was a very beautiful woman. Even if she was in a bad shape right now, she had me in a daze. Her big brown eyes glowed as it filled with tears. She had the most perfect caramel skin I had ever seen. I assumed she worked out by the way her body was fit and petite. And her full soft lips was sexy asfuck. She did some things to me and she didn't even know it.

Woah. Chris calm down, this is strictly business. She might be a murderer for all you know.

The sound of her continuous sobbing knocked me out of my thoughts. She was oh so beautiful when she cried too. I just wanted to pull her into my arms and tell her it would be okay but I couldn't. I know she was a stranger and all, but I haven't really felt like this in a long time.

" Is there anything at all you remember Mrs. Casie ? Were you guys having a debate or something about anything?"

She had red stains all over here dress, besides the fact that it was red itself. There were red stains on her shoulders also. And even her hands as she whiped the tears from her face. I highly doubt she realized it was even there.

" No.. " , she sniffed. " He was just telling me how happy and proud he was of me. We were far from a-arguing. "

I began writing what she was saying quickly down on my notepad I had recently pulled out.