23 | at least give me a badass name

2 3

at least give me a badass name

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Well," Steve said, running a hand down Cara's arm, "you've gone to me, Tony, Bruce, Clint, and refused to try finding your talent with Thor." He gave her a look.

She shook her head defiantly. "You've seen the way she looks at me! It's like I trigger her deadly assassin skills, or something. She gives me a bad vibe," she said, crossing her arms.

"She's the only one left for you to see," he reasoned, "and you're going to have to try someday. Just remember what Clint said: if you want to be with us, this is what it'll take. You'll have to get used to us eventually."

"I don't want to be with them, I want to be with you," she said softly, and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips.

Slowly but surely, Steve had become more and more comfortable with Cara's displays of affection, whether they be in front of everyone, or in the silence of one of their bedrooms. At first he'd been hesitant to place his hands on her hips, but when she gave him a look, he'd always comply.

So now his hands were roaming around on her back as she sat on his lap, facing him. He moved his lips in harmony with hers, and he brought a hand up to rest in the crook of her neck, pulled her into him to deepen the kiss.

And then Cara pulled away. "Can't get too carried away," she breathed, still a hairsbreadth away from his lips, "I've got work to do, whether I want to do it or not."

Steve nodded, running a hand through his hair, the taste and feeling of her lips tattooed on his forever. He let her get up, and when she reached the door, he said, "Just be careful."

She smirked. "Why, you think she's gonna shoot me?" Her smug expression faltered. "Is she?"

He smiled softly, coming up to rub reassurance into the back of her hand with his thumb as he took it into his own. "No, of course not. But Natasha doesn't trust people easily. It'd be best if you weren't as...flamboyant around her. Just pay attention and do what she says."

She raised an eyebrow at him. "You're acting it's the first day of school."

He squeezed her hand. "Just do it," he kissed her forehead and smiled again.

Cara sighed, and turned to leave the room. Then she turned and pointed a finger at him, a smirk on her face again. "If this works," she said, "I won't have to leave, right?"

Steve shook his head. "I hope not."

She crossed her arms in defiance and her lips curled at the thought of Fury, the guy who'd really pissed her off. "If this works," she muttered to herself, "I'm gonna show Fury that I deserve to be here. He can't determine my future." She didn't even wait for a response before heading off to where Nat was waiting for her in the training center.

-

The training center was...scary, to say the least. With the walls lined of all different kinds of weapons from grenades to guns, Cara decided to stay far away from them, afraid she might mess something up, or cause an explosion.