141) i love you

HEY GUYS, I HAVE SPENT A FEW HOURS WRITING THIS CHAPTER (THATS WHY I GAVE YOU THOSE LITTLE INSTAGRAM FILLER CHAPTERS)

SADLY, IT IS THE FINAL CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK

I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN THE SEQUEL IS UP. THANK YOU GUYS FOR BEING THE BEST READERS EVER. I OWE YOU SO MUCH

_______________________

"WE NEED YOUR SIGNATURE right there," a woman pointed, and Izzy scribbled out her name on the piece of paper. Anthony and Jasmine did the same.

It had been eight months since Cam was born, and Anthony and Jasmine had been going through the adoption process the whole time.

It was early January, and Izzy stared out the window at the falling snow. She had lived with the Hamilton cast for over a year now, and and she wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world. She was so excited to be legally adopted by Anthony and Jasmine.

"Congratulations," the lawyer woman said. Izzy wasn't quite sure who she was or what she did. "You are now officially Isabelle Marie Ramos."

Izzy screamed with joy and embraced Anthony. They had been waiting for this moment for such a long time. She was legally a Ramos. She wasn't a Ferguson, she wasn't a Ramos-Jones, she was a Ramos. And that's exactly who she wanted to be.

"I'm so happy!" Jasmine tearfully said, hugging Izzy with one arm as she held Cam with the other. Cam started clapping her hands together and making baby noises.

"See? Your sister's excited, too," Anthony said as he planted a big kiss on Cam's forehead. "Oh, yes you're excited! Yes you are! Yes!" he said in what Jasmine called his "baby voice."

"I just can't believe- I'm part of your family now," Izzy said.

"You've always been a part of our family," Anthony said. "Ever since we came across you, we haven't stopped caring for you. Even when certain things-" he gestured towards Cam- "came along, we were always there for you."

All four of them walked out of the courthouse, waving the adoption papers in excitement.

They walked uptown a few blocks to their apartment, right on West 175th Street.

When they walked into their apartment, Jas placed Cam in her little play area on the floor as she stowed the adoption papers in her "important drawer," which included birth certificates, insurance papers, etc.

"Oh my god! It's legal! I still can't believe it!" Jasmine said, wrapping her arms around Izzy.

"I can't believe it either," Izzy said. She ran up to Anthony and hugged him.

"I love you," she said. She had never told anyone in the cast that, and the words hadn't left her mouth since her mother died.

"What did you say?" Anthony asked.

"I said," Izzy felt tears welling up. "I love you."

"I've been waiting a year for you to say that," Anthony said tearfully, hugging Izzy as tight as he could.

Izzy walked over to the couch, where Cam was seated in the play area in front of her. Cam made gestures indicating she wanted to be picked up. Izzy scooped her up and held her.

And, in this moment, as she held her baby sister, with the smell of Jasmine cooking spaghetti wafting from the kitchen, and Anthony screaming at the TV during a baseball game, Izzy realized: no matter how problematic the people she loved were, she was the lucky one.

END OF BOOK ONE