9

{Evelyn's POV}

Seeing Neymar at the party and not being able to talk to him was driving me crazy. I kept my eyes on him the whole night and there were moments where we'd make eye contact which was very awkward, so I'd turn away quickly. I never usually drink but I asked for some Tequila, even Marc was shocked.

'Evie, how would you care for a dance?' Marc said, without even letting me answer the question, he took me for a spin.

I looked over at Neymar and he took Madison to dance with him as soon as he saw me dancing with Marc. He quickly turned away and started flirting with Madison. I turned around and began to flirt with Marc.

See how he likes it. I thought.

'Evelyn, would you like to be my girlfriend again?' Marc said seriously as he looked me in the eyes.

With no thought at all, I eagerly said, 'Yes!!'

'Wow, I didn't know you liked me so much.'

Marc was right, or wrong, I wasn't sure. I was drunk and I made my decisions hastily, not even thinking properly.

Then I lost my temper, seeing Neymar with Madison dancing, something I've never had the chance to do. I held Marc's cheeks with my hands as I kissed him.

'Oh- wow. Evelyn, when I came back, I wanted to tell you how much I love you but I never could because I thought you didn't love me anymore, but you've made me so happy,' Marc's eyes were watering by the end of this.

Again. My heart was full of regret and guilt, I had made another selfish decision, just to get Neymar. I knew deep inside of me I wanted Neymar, but I never knew Marc loved me or I wouldn't have done this. If I let Neymar go then I'll lose him but if I let Marc go, I'd lose him. Marc told me he loved me so now I had no choice to let go of him, if I did, I'd hurt him so bad. Since Neymar probably doesn't love me, well he never said, it won't hurt him that much.

---

{Neymar's POV}

I have lost Evelyn forever. I knew she was never mine to begin with, why didn't I ask her to be my girlfriend? Maybe I would have got her. For the first time, I had finally realised how it felt to lose someone, I began to realise that I had loved Evelyn.

I let Maddie go, as she fell into Marc's arms, they began to dance happily together and I was left by myself to hurt. Evelyn had disappeared from Marc's arms and was no where in the picture. I had a drink in my hand, that I didn't want to drink so I walked out of the event and smashed it outside.

I got in my car, driving out of the place, tears were streaming down my face.

'I lost her.'

'I fucking lost her.'

'Why am I not good enough?'

It hurt me so much when I watched the person I love, love someone else. It really hurt.

---

{Evelyn's POV}

I came home, drunk and slurred but Marc had dropped me home so I was fine getting inside the house.

'Evie, call me if you need anything,' he smiled as he took my heels off for me and placed them in my shoe room.

I watched him leave and ran outside to the pool, and jumped in. When I felt something, I'd swim or just swim and cry, in some circumstances. In this moment, I was full with guilt, way too much of it.

'Evie, are you okay?' Cristiano came outside, quietly.

'No, Cris, I've fucked up, but I can't tell you,' I said, a tear forming in my eyes.

Cris hauled me out of the pool, my clothes were soaked and he hugged me but when he did, my eyes began to form waterfalls. I was crying like a baby.

'I'm your brother, you tell me anything, okay? Don't cry, it will be okay. Even if it's about Neymar. If it's about him, I will let you see him, James told me about him. He's a nice guy and you two deserve to be together but if he hurts you-'

'No Cris, he won't hurt me. I'm the one who hurt him and Marc. I've made a terrible decision.' I cried more and more.

'Oh my god, Evie, it will be okay, I'm sure you can sort it out, don't cry. Shh, it's okay,' Cris held me tightly.

'And not just them, I've hurt you. I am never there for you, what did I ever do to deserve you.' I sniffled, my eyes still continuing the waterfalls.

'Evie, you may not know it, but I love you and you're the best sister I could ask for. Do you want to tell me about it?' Cris said, wiping the tears in my eyes.

'Marc said he loved me and to make Neymar jealous, I said 'yes' to be his girlfriend and then kissed him, but I was drunk at the time, but that's still not an excuse. But if I dump Marc, he'll be upset because he said he loved me a lot. But if I tell Neymar that I like Marc, then he'll be upset.' I rambled on, trying to find the breath to speak.

Cris listened carefully and almost instantly responded, 'Follow your heart. Who do you love? You've got to figure it out yourself. Give Marc some time and speak the truth, the more you lie to him about liking him, the more hurt he will be at the end of the day.'

---

talk about a depressing chapter😂