Prologue

A/N: Just a quick note, this story came to me on a whim a few days before I saw Thor 2 (great movie by the way).  Anyway, enjoy!

Prologue

The cool night air brushed the long blonde hair out of his face as he walked purposefully forward. The lights started to grow dimmer as he walked. He remembered the time when the giant golden dome sat at the end of this bridge, providing some light.

He walked up to the large man standing at the end of the broken bridge. The large man didn’t turn to face him, but the blonde man could sense the other’s amber eyes were looking to another realm.

“I think you know why I’m here, Heimdall,” the blonde one commented finally. The larger man, Heimdall, dressed in shining golden armour, turned to the one who spoke.

“You mean for me to check for Jane,” Heimdall stated. Thor simply nodded, staring out into the cosmos.

After a few moments of silence, Thor spoke up. “When will the Bifrost be repaired?”

“I do not know.”

Thor sighed, running a hand through his hair. “Is Jane well?”

“There is another,” Heimdall stated, grabbing Thor’s attention. Thor looked at Heimdall in confusion. The gatekeeper’s ebony skin made his eyes look like they were glowing.

“What?” Thor asked.

“There is another. One more powerful,” Heimdall looked to him. “You must soon return to Midgard and retrieve her.” 

Thor furrowed his brows. “I am to go to Midgard and find a human?”

“No,” Heimdall’s powerful voice shook Thor. “She is Asgardian. Her parents were banished long ago. But she is needed in Asgard.”

“What do you mean, Heimdall?” Thor demanded. “Tell me!”

Heimdall turned to fully look at Thor. The prince of Asgard had on his typical Asgardian wear, and he had Mjolnir at his side.

“Her parents were banished long ago-,”

“Then why would she need to come back to Asgard?” Thor interrupted.

“Let me speak. Her parents committed an act of treason against Odin. He banished them to Midgard to live the duration of their days. When they had been cast out, the girl’s mother was seven months with her. She was born on Midgard. Odin has given the order that you must go and retrieve her.”

“But…why?”

“There is a purpose for everything your father does,” Heimdall said simply.

Thor sighed. “Tell me about her.”

“She is very powerful, and had her parents not been banished, she would have a very high place here in Asgard. Much higher than any other lady.”

“She is a noblewoman?”

Heimdall was quiet for a few moments. “Not quite,”

“What position is higher than a noblewoman within the courts of Asgard?” Thor muttered.

“The position of Queen.”

Thor’s eyes snapped up to look at Heimdall. “What?

“Your queen awaits you on Midgard.”

Thor growled. His queen? This had to be one of Odin’s plots. Ever since his banishment to Midgard and meeting Jane…

Thor turned and angrily stormed back to the palace. He wouldn’t speak to Odin about this until the time came to return to Midgard.

“Jane is well,” Heimdall called after him. Thor kept marching.