Chapter Three: Unlocked

**WARNING: May be triggering** **Not edited**

Chapter Three: Unlocked

I woke up in what I assumed to be the middle of the night. My nose was bleeding onto the pillow under my head.

I sat up, disoriented. I felt a bulge in my pocket. My eyes widened. I’d forgotten I had my iPod and earphones with me.

Taking a bit of the sheets beneath me between my fingers, I ripped off a strip, rolling it up and shoving it in my bleeding nostril.

I excitedly pulled my iPod out of my jeans pocket and checked the time. It was 2:15 a.m.

Perfect.

I slowly drug myself to my feet. I hadn’t gotten up at all yesterday. After Loki had left, I went straight to sleep with the hopes I would either escape in my sleep or never wake up.

After all, there was no way to tell the time in this room. And, now that I think about it, I hadn’t had any food or water since I’d left that morning to go to my interview.

I honestly had no idea how long I’d even been here. Probably somewhere around three days, but it felt like forever. Remembering again that I had my iPod, I checked the date. I was right. Three days.

I stumbled over to the door, and turned the knob. The door opened.

“What kind of idiot leaves the door unlocked?” I mumbled so quietly I could hardly hear myself.

I stepped out into the next room. Well, I was not expecting this.

It was a huge, open room that looked exactly like the one I had been staying in, aside from the fact that there were metal tables and shelves all over. There was also another room in the middle, but the walls were glass or something.

I looked around, but Loki was nowhere to be seen.

Finally, something caught my eye.

On the far table, Loki’s golden sceptre was delicately placed, a blue glow emanating from the curved top. Curious, I walked over to it.

There was no doubt that it was a powerful object. Slowly, I reached out to touch it.

I was in my apartment, crouched on the bedroom floor. I hid behind the bed, my arms over my head. The night hid me well, and I hoped it would make me invisible to him

Loud crashing noises came from the kitchen. He’d come home. Drunk, again.

“Erika!” a loud, angry voice came from the other room. I shook in my place, not daring to show myself.

Suddenly, the door to the bedroom swung open, hitting the wall with an audible crack. Slow, heavy footsteps approached me, and I gave a small whimper.

“Bitch, don’t hide from me!” he roared. I looked at the floor, watching Kane’s feet. Suddenly, he pulled me to my feet, and his fist connected with my nose. I cried out as I felt the bone snap from the force.

I struggled in Kane’s grip. “Kane…please, you d-don’t know what you’re doing.”

“You think you know better than me?” he hissed. He shook his head as if the idea was completely absurd. “You’re just my bitch, got it?”

I nodded vigorously, just wanting him to stop. He gave a sardonic grin. “I don’t think you do.”

Now, I understood what all the noise in the kitchen was for. Kane picked up the heavy skillet off the side of the bed, swinging it full force at my jaw.