Chapter End

If it had been he who had been hit, Jazz wouldn't have felt it. The pain in his body was all encompassing, and he had managed to somewhat ignore it.

Thankfully, it hadn't been him who was hit,but Kieran, who swayed sideways, before spinning around and lunging at the shooter.

John.

Jazz couldn't let Kieran get to him, so he ran after his brother. His was sleeker and faster than Kieran was, as Kieran had moremuscle. He caught up quickly, jumping onto Kieran's bloody back and sending them both toppling forwards to the ground.

Standing up, Jazz placed himself neatly between the others, hackles raised and trying to look as threatening as possible.

Kieran had blood caked across his face, particularly around his left eye. There was also a small gash across his side that was oozing blood, and Jazz assumed that this had been from the bullet.

It looked barely more than a scratch, so it took Jazz a moment to work out why it seemed so grotesque.

John had found the silver bullets. 'Clever boy, Johnny.'

Kieran seemed bored with the antics now, and he made to lunge at Jazz, which caused the other werewolf to strike forwards himself, only to have Kieran feint to the right, grasp Jazz by the scruff between his teeth, and toss him to the side like he weighed nothing.

Seeing Jazz lay there, struggling to stand upafter the last attack, John realised it was his turn.

"Well bring it on, bitch!" He cried, brandishing the knife at Kieran as the werewolf stalked towards him.

Kieran bounded forwards, leaping into the air and aiming for John's throat. John brought the knife up, swinging it in a wide arc in front of him, using his broken arm to shield his tender throat.

A pained cry let him know that he'd managed to catch the werewolf, and John stepped backwards away from the pile of bloody black fur a foot away from him.

A noise behind him startled him into foolishly looking away from Kieran, and theother wasted no time in lunging for John again, and John only had time enough to bring his casted arm up, smacking Kieran hard in the teeth with it.

At the same time, he brought his hand holding the knife upwards, the knife meeting little resistance as John inserted it between Kieran's ribs.

A dirty, lighter blur rocketed into Kieran, and John released the knife from his grip, allowing it to remain lodged inside the werewolf.

Jazz stood over Kieran, pinning the other down and snarling in his face.

John got the impression that there was some kind of conversation going on between them, but he had no idea what it might have been.

The sound of a second gun firing wiped the smirk from John's face.

Jazz yelped, falling to the side as another two bullets whizzed through the air at him.

"Jazz!" John cried, but was halted in his attempt to reach his friend by Kieran attacking again. However, this time, the werewolf only bowled him over, running towards the house where the shots had comefrom.

John twisted around on his back, pushing himself to his feet and running after the werewolf.

A yell sounded ahead, and John pushed his weary body to run faster.

Upon reaching them, he found Sean lying on his back, clutching feebly at his throat as blood gushed through his fingers.

Kieran was in a duel with Matthew, who was putting up an impressive fight with the rifle as a barrier against the wolf.