XVI

Josh's P.O.V.

It has been the same routine for the last three days. I wake up in the morning and everything hurts, because I am lying on a concrete floor. Then the guards come and take you to go eat some breakfast, let me just say this, the breakfast actually sucks. Then we go back to our concrete cells and sit there for hours upon hours listening to people screaming. I can promise you this, it always sounds like Simon screaming and that is what is killing me the most. Sitting in a room, a pitch black room, listening to the screams of the one you love most.

"Joshua Bradley, you have an appointment today with the doctor." A guard said as he came into my room and unlocked my chains, to then put cuffs on.

We walked down the long hallway of doors and stairs and railings, to get to the slimmer, longer hallway. At the end was the door to go see the doctor. He said he was helping me, but all I could feel was myself going crazy.

The guard buzzed in and the door slowly opened. Of course I couldn't just walk through the door in a civilize manor, instead the guard has to push me in. I hit the railing of the stairs as I then looked down the long stair case. I barely had any energy. I slowly walked down the stairs and soon realized that someone had been sitting in the chair. The chair that normally I would sit in.

"Hello Joshua." The doctor said as I smiled and then the chair slowly turned and I saw the one person I thought I would never see again.

I felt myself slowly crumble as my eyes started to swell up with tears blurring my vision. I felt my knees go weak as I slowly fell to the ground with the boy just staring at me.

"Simon." I said as loud as I could.

I hadn't spoke in weeks. My voice was strained because the only time I had drank was when it was breakfast time, that being the only time I could consume anything.

"Josh?" He questioned as he slowly walked over and sat on the ground look straight into my eyes.

He grabbed my cheek and felt the bruises all over them. I almost forgot to mention the daily torture that they do to people like me.

I held his hand as he held it to my cheek. I felt my heart being lifted as I felt the boys touch. I felt safe, like nothing had ever occurred.

"I remember you." He said confusing me.

"Joshua, Simon had lost his memory." The doctor said as I fell backwards away from.

"It was because of your drawings and the way you make me feel, that I found my way back to you." He said as he tried came to come closer to me and hold me.

"What are you doing here? If you forgot about me, why did you come after me? You could've been safe." I said pushing him away.

This is all my fault, now Simon is going to go through everything I went through. I can't allow that.

"You need to forget about me Simon, you need to move on, you can leave and live a better life without me."

"Life would be worse without you Josh. I had already went through that. I could remember every single feeling that I had towards you but I couldn't remember you. It hurt not being with you, not being able to hold you." He said as I felt myself break.

"No Simon! No!" I said as I got up as fast as I possibly could. I ran up the stairs.

I got out of the room as the guard put the cuffs back on me and dragged me to a new room.

"Hello Joshua." A man on the speaker said.

The guard dragged me over to a metal table and took off the cuffs. I slowly laid down on the table as he then wrapped my ankles and wrists to the table.

This is it. This is the end.

"How did it feel to see Simon?" The speakers man said.

"Leave him alone, do whatever you want to do to me but leave him alone." I said as they started to laugh.

"You are so much like your father. So caring for others and willing to do anything for them." He said as I felt weak and hopeless.

I felt the table start to burn below me. I felt myself being unable to breathe. I felt the water being drained out of me. The lashes on my wrists and ankles started to sink into my skin. I felt as if this was all the end.

I'm doing this for Simon. I love him.

"Promise me you will leave Simon alone. I will do anything just don't hurt him." I yelled as the man just laughed.

"Of course Josh, we will leave your little Simon alone." He said even though I knew that was a lie.