eavesdropping

* Trevor's POV *

I have never considered myself a very sad person. Things just happened that my mind flew over with ease. Not even looking down to admire the chaotic beauty of my issues that I've still managed to grow from. The world runs its course as I do my best not to think about it and the consequences of everything that happens here.

That being said I've grown an intolerance for this kind of thinking as my mind is like an old painted wall; day by day chipping and falling apart. The pieces poison for anyone who tries to consume, in my case help.

So I continue my journey hoping this monster eating away at my way of life can be chased from a dark corner of my mind and exposed so things can return to normal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ache in my legs was nothing compared to the rush going through my head. Yes this was the fastest I've ever run and yes I'm probably not going to be able to move tomorrow, but I was living.

And you can't stop living.

Not once you've felt how great it is.

And this moment made me feel more alive than ever.

We quickly turned the corner, adrenaline high with our spirits of getting out of this mirroring. As we approached Naomi's house we slowed our pace, quickly realizing that we'd done it.

We had successfully stolen more items from a convenient store than all of us had friends combined, or at another approach more items than we ran in miles per hour. And we were running pretty fast. Our barely teen bodies not failing to give us the speed we needed to get away with shoplifting.

I sit down on the sidewalk to try and catch my breath before breaking out into a fit of laughter as I watched Artasia empty her purse of stolen goods into a pile. I don't know which was funnier; the fact that we got away with all of this or that the easily over 50 dollars worth of theft fit into her purse.

We all looked at each other in awe, disbelief present on all of our faces.

"Seventeen." Artasia blurted out.

"Seriously?" I asked, "How didn't they notice? We were in there for at least 20 minutes."

"I don't know but I'm about to eat all of this if none of you grab something." Morgan said, eyes focused on the pile of snacks between us.

Instinctively, a little too crazily, the four of us reached our hands in and grabbed whatever we could. The sweet sound of a wrappers being torn was almost bittersweet as I thought about the job I didn't have that could easily get me as many twix bars as I wanted.

With a sigh, I put the chocolate in my mouth, sad that it didn't feel the same.

I am definitely not one for stealing.

I looked over to see Naomi thinking the same thing. A drop of guilt slowly taking over the pools of blue in her eyes.

We make eye contact before she slowly raises a box up to her face. My eyes widening before realizing that along with 17 food items we snatched a pack of condoms.

Morgan and Artasia choked on the tube of M&M's they were pouring down their throats, cheeks turning red as they tried to cough up the little pieces of chocolate lodged inside them. With my eyebrows raised I grabbed the pack out of her hand and looked at the picture.

Tropical, it read. "Who wants to taste like the ocean?" I questioned, imagining the group of dummies that sat together and thought of what they wanted their partners to taste.