Chapter 15

Author's Note: I'm writing at the theatre in my costume as I await places. This should prove how much I've done for ya folks :)

Update: I finished my opening night for Charlotte's Web!!! Now I'm gonna go party :) enjoy the chapter (and I'm so so sorry that it's a day late) ! - staygoldstiles

BPOV

Ben was nearly literally floating on air as he followed his dad and his scavenger-dressed cousin downstairs. He almost leaped down the stairs and out the door of the hotel entrance.

Han and Rey followed slowly behind. "I'm happy for you." They said simultaneously.

Han went to go get his car in the hotel parking lot and left Rey and Ben to relax until he came back. They sat down on a bench outside the hotel and Rey turned to Ben, saying, "I know it's none of my business, Benny, but what'd he say?"

Ben took a deep breath, running his fingers through a tangle at the bottom of his black locks. "I'll tell him you said hello," He started. "And nothing much. There is some news though."

Rey sat up straight. "Ooh, what is it?"

"Brendol is going to school with Ellen now." Ben stated. He watched Rey's eyes widen and her mouth drop into a perfect O. "Yep, I'm not lying to you. Same description and everything." Ben decided not to tell Rey that he found that out at the beginning of the school year. He knew she would be all like: "Ben, why didn't you tell me that then??!" And Ben didn't wanna feel bad about it. It wasn't like he was keeping anything from her...

He did it anyway. "I actually found out a while ago actually. He told me." Ben added quickly before Ben could say anything.

Rey shook her head in disbelief. "Oh... oh. Oh, okay. Is she still- pardon my language..." Rey moved in closer to Ben and lowered her voice although there was no one around. "- a bitch?"

Ben laughed out loud. "She was never a bitch to begin with, Rey. I loved her. I loved her so much. But it's the way of things, you know. Life goes on.

"She's a very nice person and I bet she still is. I want to see her again someday."

"Maybe become friends?" Rey suggested.

"Exactly. How'd you know?"

Rey shrugged. "Lucky guess. I guess she was nice. I'd actually want to see her again, too. Someday, maybe someday."

Ben nodded, looking away from Rey. "Yep, maybe someday."

Han's grey van pulled up and Ben went in the back seat and Rey in the front.

Rey held up her phone and asked Han, "Hey, Uncle Han, guess what?"

Han slid on his shades, turning his head to face Rey. "What?"

Ben listened in, shuffling in his seat.

"Um, apparently Auntie Leia is opening up a school for aerodynamics, like besides the Resistance? Um... like its a weekly class and stuff... and it's for like, younger students and you can do it either online or in person until 4 weeks... you have to learn to pilot."

"Woah. Okay." Han shook his head, started the car and began to drive. "I don't understand why Leia would be opening a new school." He shrugged. "Did she tell you about this?"

"Um, no, actually. Poe just texted me telling me that he's gonna do it. I might do it too."

"Poe. Poe Dameron?"

"The one and only."

"I like that kid. He's very polite."

"Yeah," Rey said, smiling slightly and turning. "He is."

Ben didn't really care about his mother's new aerodynamics school and the fact that his friend was going to be in it and the fact that he thought that Leia was teaching folks how to pilot and airplane way too young. He hoped she wouldn't have them actually fly it. But then Han's voice, which was directed at Ben, jarred him out of his thoughts.

"Hey, Ben? Do you think Brendol will be able to come over for thanksgiving?" Han asked him.

Ben raised an eyebrow. "I have no idea. I should've asked him. Who's coming over for thanksgiving?"

"Well, Finn and Poe are gonna be there." Rey said. "Along with Auntie Leia, Uncle Lando and my dad."

Ben nodded. "Okay. I think I'll just text him now... just to see if he can come. I feel like he'll answer." Ben turned to his phone, but then looked back up. "Hey, Dad? It's 10:15. We're supposed to be at the museum by 1:00, why are we leaving now?"

"Oh! I said we'd see the Falcon at 1:00. Rey and I agreed that we'd go early just for the simple pleasure of getting to enjoy the aerodynamics museum before anyone's there."

"People are going to be there, though."

"No they won't. Not until later. Besides, we reserve the right to be there before it opens because we're special guests."

Ben sighed loudly. "I don't think that I'm a special guest. I don't even like aerodynamics. Also, we use that 'special excuse' card way too much.

"Also, what even is there to enjoy? I'm gonna be looking at a bunch of rusted metal planes that haven't flown in years." Ben folded his arms.

"Glad to hear that you're very excited, Ben." Han said sarcastically.

Rey turned around to face Ben, slight annoyance in her eyes. "I know that lost of the planes are garbage, Benny," She started. "But please stop complaining. I'm trying to have fun."

Ben rolled his eyes. He didn't know what there was to even have fun with, and he didn't try to even understand.

He texted Hux: "Hey, Finn, Rey and Poe and my uncles and my immediate family are gonna be at my place for thanksgiving. Will u be able to make it?"

Ben waited for a response. I'm two minutes, the car stopped and Ben looked out the car window to see a huge 10-story metallic-looming building looming over him. "Oh, God." He muttered.

Then his phone buzzed, and it was a reply from Hux. It read: "Hey, Ben, I'm so, so sorry, but I will be helping my family pack to visit my grandparents here in England. I'll be going to America to help them pack but not much more than that because we Brits don't really celebrate thanksgiving. I hope you have an amazing break and I'm really really sorry. Until next time"

Ben shook his head. He was actually kind of expecting Hux to say no. He wasn't angry or disappointed or upset. And he sure as hell didn't try to get Hux to change his mind because he didn't wanna come off as too attach or annoying. He realised that because of the time difference, Hux probably hadn't even really gotten the chance to talk to his family.

As he walked toward the building for what he thought was going to be the most boring fall break he'd ever had, he thought, 'This vacation is gonna start out weird. Nothing unpredictable, though. I just miss Hux.'