Chapter 2

Sorry if it took too long! We're kind of slow pokes.

Night Resistance {2}

Mystery Guy POV

Walking through the human town as the sun is coming up, I laughed at the thoughts of the humans that my kind sparkles under the sun. The only time it does hurt is when we are first born or created. That thought turns me to why one of the reasons I am in even in this mundane town, a renegade vampire has turn a big number of young humans vampire, thinking he can challenge the king to throw him over. Acquiring a high position from the vampire court, I took the responsibility to capture him.

Sighing, I looked around to see if I can find anything to turn my mind off my 'mission'. All of a sudden, the breeze picked up and a sweet scent floated my way. It is like nothing I have come across, wild jasmine and honey mixed together. It fills with me with a desire to hunt down whomever that scent belongs to and then keep that person forever by my side.

Shocked, I stop right in my tracks. This can't be happening. As the anger boiled in my veins, I tried covering up the possessive sentiment. I bared my teeth as a thought crossed my mind. I may have another purpose of being here—to find my mate.

I am two hundred years old and I am used to my ways, no one will be able to change that. As these thoughts chased around inside my head, two young women stepped out of what appears to be apartment—but it is not very welcoming. Like all of the entire apartments that was built on rows in this district. Paint was chipping off the walls and small cracks traced some sections by the window.

I examined the girls closely. One has white hair with black and red streaks in her hair that falls to the middle of her back in ringlets, she also has blue eyes and is wearing—a nice black corset with blue and red intricate designs that was carved onto the piece of fabric, defining her right-proportioned body. She was wearing a white, lace skirt as a bottom with dark blue jeans that are tucked neatly into her combat boots, reaching up to the middle of her calf.

But it was the other girl that she was with. She held my complete attention.

She has eyes that are black at the first glance but looking deep it is brown that I could feel myself loosing inside them—I managed to snatch a glance at her eyes when she looked around her surroundings.

With just that, I know she was mine.

Shaking my head at that thought, I scrutinized her more. Her hair was tied up on a ponytail—falling down on the midst of her back, colored black as the night with mysterious red streaks.

She was wearing a blood red tank top that fitted her body like a glove—showing off her curves on the right places, then a pair of ripped blue washed jeans that she paired with black combat boots that accentuated her long, slender legs. Her eyes are filled with love for her companion—but also a hint of sadness and anger.

They both got in on a beat up, old mustang.

As they drove off, I listened closely to their conversation.

My mate inserted the key onto ignition and I watched in amusement as their car rumbled to life. The engine was noisy and a puff of smoke escaped the exhaust as she began to steer the car to the left, revving the engine until they’re driving off to the main road.

“No, you are not going to go over there. He is angry and he had been drinking more beer than before! He’s even more dangerous right now!” The one with the blue eyes told her.

What the heck did that come from! Shaking my head again, I decided follow the girls to wherever they are headed to—I just know I needed to.

*****