Six

HOT DIGGITY DAWG HE IS SO FINE

~~~

"Time flies when you're having fun" was a quote that was always overused in my opinion. That is, until I realized it was true. At this point I only had three days left in Australia, and I did not want to leave and go back to Michigan. I hated the fact that I would leave the beaches, the views, the shops, different foods, Michael, Ashton, and Calum, but most importantly....Luke.

Luke Hemmings.

It was horrible of me to think that I could possibly never see this boy again. Those gorgeous blue eyes, the golden hair, and his smile that made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. Luke was perfect. The memories we've made together this past month are ones nothing else could compare to. I would miss the feeling of Luke's arms wrapped around me, and his lips...oh god his lips. I couldn't leave him, I just couldn't.

"Hey dad, can I talk to you?" I asked, peeking my head into the small room my dad was currently on his laptop in. Does he ever get off that thing?

My father paused when he heard my voice and turned around, looking at me. "What is it, Delilah?" 

"Well, you see..." I played with a strand of my hair, scared to face my dad "I want to stay in Australia."

"What?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"I said, I want to stay in Australia." I said, louder this time.

My dad rolled his eyes and put his laptop down besides him. "This is about that Luke kid, isn't it?"

I nodded, refusing to look away from my dad, allowing him to continue speaking.

"We're not staying. You may like him, but one boy isn't going to make us completely move to a new country, Delilah. He's just a flash in the pan, by next year you'll get tired of seeing him and when you two break up....if you even are dating...you'll never want to see him again."

I groaned, throwing my head back. "I don't think that's going to happen, dad. I feel different about Luke. He's someone I can really connect to, I can actually make friends here. I want to stay."

"I said no for a reason, one month isn't a long time to get to know someone. You'll realize he's a jerk, which he is, and then you'll beg me to have us move back to Michigan." He stated, then turned back to his computer "now I have some more work to do, I have to leave in an hour or so for a meeting."

"Whatever." I huffed, walking through the apartment and out the door.

I walked for a while through the streets that I now knew quite well. I wasn't really sure where I was going, but I would let my feet take me there. I ended up walking around randomly for at least half an hour until I realized I was in front of a very familiar house.

Knowing I could always talk to Luke, I walked up the front stairs and knocked on his door. I waited a few seconds, hearing some shuffling behind the door

The door swung open a few seconds later to reveal a smiling Luke.

"Hey Delilah."

I grinned at the boy I liked so much. "Hi."

"Is something wrong?" Luke asked, leaning against the door frame and raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah," I nodded, crossing my arms over my chest. "I only have three days left here, it sucks."

"Oh." Was all Luke could let out.

We stood there in silence as we both looked away from each other, upset about the truth that we wanted to avoid.