Seven

The song Luke sings in a One Direction song but I found it fitting so :)

~~~

Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes as I packed my bags. Pulling open my bottom drawer, I grabbed all the clothes and threw them in my suitcase. I didn't care if my bags were messy, and unorganized. That's how they were when I came here, and that's how they'll be when I leave.

Even though he's said no multiple times, I keep trying to convince my father to let us stay. The closer I got to leaving Luke, the more my heart would break. And right now my heart was about eighty percent broken

I looked over at the clock on my nightstand. It was nearly midnight and I was pretty tired, but I didn't want to sleep knowing that when I wake up I would have to leave.

Sighing, I sat down on my bed and stared at the darkness outside through my large window. After moments of staring a figure in the night walked to the bench (where I happened to meet Luke) and sat on it.

"Who would be out at a time like this?" I muttered to myself, narrowing my eyes in confusion.

Suddenly, I heard the figure start to strum a guitar. I curiously leaned against the window in an attempt to hear them better. My breath fogged up the window and I groaned, unlocking and opening it.

I listened happily as a beautiful rhythm was strummed and began climbing out to hear it better. Slowly, I walked down the lawn and stood a good distance away from the tall figure on the bench.

After strumming random chords and stopping to check in a small notebook multiple times, the person began to sing.

"You were mine for the summer," I walked closer to the person unknowingly, not realizing that they were now able to see me. "now we kn-"

They stopped and looked at me, their face covered with fear. I saw the familiar sky blue eyes and gasped.

"Luke?"

He pulled his hood down and looked away from me nervously. "Oh....hey. How come you're still up?"

"I don't want to sleep," I mumbled, taking a seat next to Luke. "When I wake up I have to leave."

Luke frowned widely, leaning his guitar against the bench. "I know."

I tilted my head toward the wooden instrument in an attempt to change the topic. "I heard you, you're really good."

Luke shook his head. "No I'm not, Delilah. You're just saying that."

"I'm one hundred percent serious." Furrowing my eyebrows, I made a face at Luke that showed I could be serious.

Luke let out a laugh and rolled his eyes. "Fine, but you promise not to laugh?"

I nodded "I promise."

Reaching down, Luke grabbed his guitar and put it on his lap. "Okay. I actually wrote this song....for you."

My heart broke a little at what he just told me. By this point, my heart was eighty five percent broken. "Go ahead."

Luke started strumming his guitar, biting his lip nervously.

"Can't believe you're packing your bags
Trying so hard not to cry.
Had the best time, now it's the worst time
But we have to say goodbye."