Chapter eight

"I couldn't stop. " This was the sentence I kept hearing on and on, I can't believe what had happened for about fifteen minutes I was sat on the floor crying trying to keep myself quiet and calm but my mum will find out sooner or later.
My mum saw me sitting on the floor with tears streaming down my cheeks and rushed towards me she sat down with me and held me in her arms like she used to when I was a child. I ended up telling her what had happened as I now knew I couldn't hide something this big from her.
"We may have to go to court Charlotte, did you try and stop him what are you going to say if you are asked that!"
"I don't know mum okay! Obviously I didn't want him to do it but he told me he didn't  want to fight okay he just wanted to settle it by talking but Alex thought different!"
"I don't know what to do honestly sweetheart, I just hope for the best everything goes well I know you both loved each other dearly."
"If he goes to jail I have to wait on him mum, he will not be in there long really!"
Then that's when I really began to question myself ...

A week later I was sat in court along with my mum Reece's parents and a few others I haven't seen before.
The only time I have only seen let alone have been in a court was only behind the television screen and I honestly tried my best to follow yet didn't understand most of what was being spoken of. Many people had their say on things me included, questions was asked to me such as the events of which lead to the result of this happening in my views and if I had any involvement in the attack.
I was scared, I didn't want anything to sound stupid or suspicious the only words I could speak of was the truth. Whilst I was talking there Reece stood with tears in his eyes and a shaking lip, it was obvious he knew he had done wrong he had done it for me for my benefit yet he was the one to go down for it.Time and time in my head I kept thinking of saying something such as "I am the one who killed him."
But I was scared, a coward if you may say all because I would then be scared for both of our futures.

Half an hour later the judge started to make his final decision. I felt like I could be any where else at this moment but here and to hear this result. He raised his voice and said "here today we came to seek the information of the  incident of Reece Collins and Alex Fernardo, now my decision is final Reece Collins ..."
I felt like I was going to be sick a large lump was stuck at the back of my throat.
"I am going to sentence you to  three years in jail ... Thank you that will be all."
That was the point my heart started to crumble the  police was stood with Reece he had his hands in cuffs, that's when they started to take him away.
"No! Reece! Reece!"
Reece looked my way whilst he was still getting moved he was struggling in his cuffs and was easily getting frustrated.
"Charlotte I love you ! I will see you soon I promise just wait please!"
Those were his last words and then he was out of sight ...