chapter sixteen

{Charlotte's POV}

I have a job, yes me! It isn't something great I will admit that but it is the best I can have offered seeing as I haven't finished school yet. I have the job of  well lets put it this way ... I wash people's hair which isn't so bad I guess you sometimes get extra tips off the customers and the pay isn't that bad.
Reece has to wear a tag around his ankle for a few months so that the police know where he is and he has to be in either his house or my house at seven o'clock at night and is not allowed out until seven o'clock in the morning, this means he isn't able to get a job. Due to what happened to Reece of which he doesn't speak of now (his decision) he isn't able to get many jobs but he has many friends who would be able to take him on due of their understandment of the situation that had occured apparently so (his words.)
Like I thought all along Reece bonded with his son right away,  but you could still see the pain in his eyes as if it was eating him away the fact that he didn't have access to him when he was born but things slowly started to change. We was all apart of a family now and we had no worries I had now befriended others and have been going out more with my friends and family, this was all we had  ever wanted but something still was not right yet I didn't know what.

Reece was at his parent's house whilst I was shopping with Mia, Emily barely hung around with us anymore because weirdly enough we just went separate ways and she has new friends now so she says.
"So Reece has been back a few weeks now?"
"Yeah he has."
"Why do you seem so sad, I thought this is what you wanted."
"I don't know ... I just feel like something is not right with him."
"Well he spent a year in a hard jail he could be traumatised I know that I would be if I did."
"He keeps talking about this friend in jail that he helped him out with a lot of things towards the end of his stay, he really seems happy that he is going to get out of jail soon."
"Wait what is the guy is jail for he could be a creep!"
"I asked Reece but he claims that he doesn't know. He hasn't even touched me or even kissed me since he has been back is this my fault!"
"Don't think the worst maybe he just needs time this new thing of his being a dad has probably gotten to him."
"He thinks I don't notice but he has been drinking a lot lately, plus I am the only one who has the baby along with my mum and his parents sometimes, he never has Kai!"
"We have only one person to blame for everything that has happened Rita."
Then it occurred to me she is still missing and out there somewhere.

As soon as I got home a knock appeared from my door I opened it still with my bags in my hands and Reece walked in.
"Hey Charlotte, you okay?"
"Reece we need to talk."
Reece sighed and looked past me.
"Right now ... All I came here for was to grab my jacket I left."
"You have changed Reece in jail you seemed like you wanted nothing but me but now that you are out it is like you don't care about me anymore!"
"Stop talking like that I care about you silly I just have a lot on my mind."
"You have a lot on your mind try being me when all that is on my mind all the time is where are you? Or are you lying to me? Or are you with someone else? I have given my life to you yes to someone that hasn't even thought to kiss me or anything like that I thought you wanted me!" I screamed.
My mum appeared from out of the kitchen.
"Reece I think it is best that you leave."
"I have more I want to say."
My mum rolled her eyes angrily and stayed in the doorway looking at me, this look she gave told me that I should do what I think is best I went on long without him I can do it again I love him but where is his love towards me?
"Charlotte I am scared okay, my dad is and was the best father ever I will never be like him I am never going to get a real job and I have lost many friends. This guy who is getting out soon I have known him for like two months and he is so great you will love him he guaranteed he will fix me up with a job he is like a brother to me."
"What was he in jail for Reece."
Reece smirked and said.
"Like I told you, I don't know."
"Here again with the lies! It would be the first question and the first thing on somebody's mind when they get pally with a prisoner!"
"You won't like it, I know you want the best for me but even you are sometimes wrong. This is my life I have been thinking for a while and I will be paid well we can have a happier life."
"What are you even on about Reece?"
"I am going to be a drug dealer Mikey has been caught yeah but it will be fine."
My face dropped and I looked at my mum but I remember wise words she once spoke 'Never let anybody rule over your life especially a man in your life if you know what is right for you then you know.'
"And you call yourself a dad the funny thing is how you think all of this will go to plan whereas things like this never do, he isn't your pal he never will be he just wants someone to get caught over and over with him because he has nobody and you will realise you will not either soon enough!"
"I thought you loved me?"
"We all make mistakes don't we."