chapter thirteen

{Mia's POV}

(The day Charlotte went into a coma)

Kai and I was sat playing with squeeky toys that seemed to amuse him. Suddenly there was a knock at my front door I opened it and there stood Reece's parents with a shocked look on their faces they said.
"Charlotte is in the hospital we think that it us best to take him to her."
I didn't really know what to say and I could tell that they were in a rush so I grabbed kai's belongings and placed kai in his stroller to give to Reece's parents. I knew that I would find out what was going on later but I could tell they had no time to talk so I left it be the only things they said to me was. "Charlotte didn't get the job now she is in the hospital we will tell you more later!"

The thought raced through my mind as to why didn't she get the job it was only not long ago that Craig was looking for somebody new to apply for the job. When Reece's parents left the house I decided to wrap myself in my cardigan and head off to the cafe just to ask why she didn't get the job. The cafe's bell rung as I entered through the door and Craig the person who owned the cafe smiled at me, he had been a friend of the family for a few years now and I knew he wouldn't lie to me.
"My friend came in here before her name is Charlotte, I heard she didn't get the job?"
"Ah that is correct dear, I only needed one employee and somebody got there before her I am so sorry as she seemed a lovely girl. She is that girl what is she called the girl who's brother died, killed by that kid called Reece I am sure of it!"
So Rita was working here now.
Craig then said "I must say that girl wanted to speak to your friend in the back and when she came back out she looked very  upset to be honest, is she okay love?"
"Yeah, she is fine she may have just have  had something in her eye haha!"
Rita may be the reason Charlotte is in the hospital, I don't know what to think Charlotte had a lot on her mind at the minute maybe Rita said nothing of the such that would hurt her but I highly doubt it.

Walking on Cleveland road where Charlotte lives I passed her house but a figure escaping from Charlotte's window caught my eye. The person seemed to be carrying objects one looked like a large glass of wine if I am seeing it correctly and the other hand looks like a broken pot?
The person seemed to be a woman looking from a distance, I walked closer  slowly and pulled my phone out of my bag and took a number of photos many was bluury and some had her back facing to me.
"Hey!" I yelled trying to get the person's attention.
The person's face looked horrifically at me shocked whilst I was taking pictures of the person, that person was Rita. Quickly she jumped onto the garage roof and then jumped onto the concrete floor and ran away in the opposite direction. It didn't matter I had evidence to show who it was what she had in her hands and the property of whose house she was in.
But why them items when they had a lot more luxurious items in the household?

I rushed to the hospital to try and find Charlotte's mother I found the ward that Charlotte was in and in her room was only Charlotte,  Reece's dad and Kai.
"Mark!"
"Oh hi Mia or are you Emily?"
"Mia.."
"Charlotte where is your mum!"
Reece's dad moved out of the way and there was Charlotte with a number of tubes going in and out of her.
"What has happened!"
"Mia, Mia it's okay ... Something happened with Charlotte and she has overdosed on her depression medication."
"What no, where's her mum!"
"She is at the police station she got arrested, they think she did this to Charlotte something like she pushed her down the stairs! All because they couldn't find these specific items she put in her bin..."
"I gotta go .."
I rushed out of the hospital fighting back tears because of Rita my best friend wanted to kill herself how horrible can she be and then get her mum arrested!

About half an hour later I arrived at the town's local police station where I could see Charlotte's and Reece's mum both being questioned.
A police officer noticed me and said. "What are you doing here?"
I told him the story of what I thought happened and then I showed him the pictures on my phone, he analysed the photos carefully and told me to wait on a chair whilst he went to get the chief police officer.
I sat in my chair uncomfortably as I had never been in a police station before a man in his forty's by look the look of it approached me and sat in the chair by me and introduced himself saying he was the chief.
I told him the story plus the pictures that's what made his face change color.
"The detectives told us different, we would have never thought somebody would steal these things but why her?"
I groaned quietly and told him the whole story back to the fight that's when he thought himself that things were then adding up."
"Through this information and your photos showing us the person the house and the items we have no other choice but to bring her into the station but there is no reason and no actual reasons  as to arrest your friend's mother."
This will be the time Rita will actually pay for her wrong doings she wont be in our life's for while ... I hope.