Chapter 32

*Sorry for any mistakes*

Richelle's pov
We just stay there, locked in a tight embrace. It feels like time is standing still for a while, it feels like everything has stopped, it feels like the only thing happening in the world is me and Noah being reunited. My ears block out every other noise around me, as if they want me to remember and enjoy this moment. Of course I'll remember this moment, because this is a moment where I feel safe. Where I feel like nothing will hurt me anymore. Nothing will get me anymore. Why? Because I have Noah, and he won't let anything happen. I trust him with my life.

"I'm so sorry," I hear him mutter into my hair as tears slowly trickle down both of our cheeks, "I'm so sorry, Richelle."

"Sorry?" I whisper to him, still not letting go of him, and he grips tighter to me at the sound of my voice. But sorry? Why is he sorry? He saved me, there's nothing for him to be sorry about? "You have nothing to be sorry about."

"Of course I do," he sobs, sniffling as do I, "it's my fault you were taken. I was too busy thinking about myself when I should've been with you."

Oh Noah! It isn't your fault! I can't believe he thinks that it's his fault that I ended up here. We're both crying our eyes out now, and I'm finding it hard to speak. Oh god....everyone in here must be watching us! The girls! The policeman! Amanda! Eldon! But what does it matter? I've got Noah back, but he needs to know that this isn't his fault.

I finally catch my breath, so I say, "Noah! You're doing it again!"

"Doing what?"

"Blaming yourself for my misfortunes!"

"But it's my fault, I wasn't with y-"

"Did you smuggle me here?"

"No."

"Exactly! It's not your fault that I'm here. There was nothing you could do, Noah. Please, stop blaming yourself."

"Okay," he takes a deep breath, and I copy his action as we attempt to control our breathing after crying and sniffling after each sentence. "I'm just so glad that I have you back. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Me too," I whisper and gently rest my chin on his shoulder and close my eyes for a few seconds, enjoying the last moments of our hug- but neither of us let go.

But we suddenly jump out of each other's arms as soon as we hear Eldon clearing his throat, getting our attention, "Ahem."

We share a small grin with each other before turning to face Eldon. I'm glad that he didn't....you know me, but if Noah never came, he would've. And that scares me a little. I do trust Eldon, and I get that he was only trying to save hi life, but I wouldn't trust him with my life, not like Noah.

But, of course, I can't not give him a small squeeze to say thank you because I'm pretty sure that he was probably a big help in finding me as well. Thinking about it, how did they find me?

I let go of Eldon after about a ten second long hug, and look at them both quite confused before asking, "How did you know that I was here?"

Noah's arm slides around me and his thumb rubs on my arm, and I look up at him just as he says, "We'll tell you all about it tomorrow, Richelle. Because you look like yon haven't slept in a while. Am I correct?"

I nod my head at him and he shoots me a smile as he says, "Exactly, you can probably sleep for the rest of the day and the car journey home- it's about 1:40," he quickly glances at his watch and then back at me.

"I am really tired, I couldn't sleep here, I was too scared to," I confess and both Noah and Eldon give me a look of sympathy. But I have to do something whilst I'm here, considering the policeman just took Amanda up, he'll be coming back down soon. "Can I quickly do something?"

He nods his head and smoothly takes his arm away from me. He gives me a smile, knowing what I'm going to do. Eldon however gives me a look of confusion. Why did I assume that Eldon would u derstand? Oh well, I need to hop to it!

Quickly, I run to the first cell door, and slide the lock open, letting the girls inside run out jumping for joy. Next, I do the same for the second, third, fourth....and so on. Once I've finished, there are about fifty girls all in a group smiling and chatting to each other happily.

Even though we all have cuts and bruises, we're happy to be alive and safe. Now they can go to the police station, tell them who they are, and go back to their families! Happy days!

I stumble to the front of the crowd, Noah and Eldon standing only a few meters away. Noah gives me a big grin before separating his arms and saying directly to me, "Come here you."

I run towards him and throw my arms back around him as he does the same to me, but this time picking me up slightly. Almost instantly I feel like we're teenagers again, like I was never kidnapped, like we were always this close. We stare into each others eyes for a few moments, and that's when it hits me like a bus; I love him. I love Noah!

******
Sorry that this isn't very long, but I hope you enjoyed it anyway ❤️
Also apologies if it isn't that great, it's quite late and I'm tired but I wanted to write this chapter because you all enjoyed the last one so much haha, so please tell me hoe you felt about this one. Thanks for reading everyone!
1002 words