Ughh school

Beep beep!! Startled I jump awake almost knocking my head back. The sheets cling to me from sweat and my heart beats erratically as parts of the nightmare came back.

People were running and screaming some even crawling through destroyed streets as darkness and deathlike creatures soared upon them. Blood ran freely like a gushing river and coated everything in sight.

Shivering hard I tried forgetting about the twisted gruesome faces of the creature or the limbless people. These nightmares were seriously getting too much.

They'd been going on for a year now and seemed to get worse everyday. Today's had defiantly been the most horrible and scary one so far. What a great way to start the first day of school.

Without wasting anymore time I get up and hop into the shower hoping to wash away last nights terrors. After the shower I dry my hair and put on my everyday minimal makeup of concealer, eyeliner and plenty of mascara.

After that I decide to choose my outfit for my first day. Usually I wear leggings and comfy hoodies but for the first day everyone usually makes more effort.

Grabbing a cute chevron skirt and plain back top I put them on and put a light grey cardigan over them with black tights. Accessorising with a scarf I grab my school bag and head down.

As I enter the kitchen I see my mum standing there in her robe with a cup of coffee.
"Hey sweetheart I can't believe my baby's going into senior year. You've grown up so fast." She smiles at me and starts playing with me hair.
"Hey stop it you'll mess up my hair" I say laughing "Oh shoot I'm going to be late for my first day gotta run mom, love you."

I grab an apple and start heading towards the door. Blow drying my hair took longer than expected I guess.
"Wait, Aria I needed to talk to you about something and you haven't even eaten." My mum shouts objectively back just as I slam the door and head out.

Sure enough Adam my best friend is outside waiting in his car to pick me up like every morning. Jogging up to the car I quickly hop in and reach over to give him a good morning hug. He hugs back tightly and starts the car.
"Took you long enough Aria" he says jokingly "I was about to start honking but I know that always pisses you off."
"Hey looking this good doesn't happen easily."
"Why do you need to look good when I'm by your side, ill do all the looking good."

Laughing I bite into my apple and turn on the car radio. Me and Adam have been best friends since we were 9 and he stopped a guy from stealing my Disney story book. Ever since then we've been inseparable. He's the biggest
player in school and his golden boy looks never fail to impress all the girls.

However he's never had a serious girlfriends and much prefers to hook up every night. I've told him off a lot about how his actions leave many girls heartbroken but he refuses to change his ways.

With me however he's a big teddy bear which has earned me quite some hate from jealous Exs in the past. I wouldn't give him up for anything though. "UGHH goodness how can you listen to that garbage"

His exclamation jerks me out of my daydream as I realise Taylor swift has come on the radio. I punch him hard on the arm but he doesn't even flinch. Rolling the windows down I start loudly singing the words to wildest dreams.

"SAY YOU'LL REMEMBER ME STANDING IN A NICE DRESS STARING AT THE SUNSET BABE"

"Jesus Aria I do not want to hear that at 7 in the morning" laughing he takes his hand of the steering wheel to cover my mouth.
"Get off,.. not swafe" I mumble over his huge hand.

Finally we drive up to school and Adam parks the car just as I finish eating my apple. He comes over to my side to open the door for me when his eyes focus of my lips. A bit of apple juice starts running down my lip which I lick away.

Coughing he quickly breaks his gaze and moves so I can get out of the door. What was all that intense staring about? Still confused I get out and hook my arm in his and walk into school aka hell.